What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of those pics is actually of my Z71. LOL. Love those rims. I am actually in the process of doing a ton mods to mine. Was thinking about selling it but i just love this truck. Cant go wrong with tbss wheels.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking it has something to do with the Intake manifold as I just replaced all the gaskets. I pulled the intake back off and going over everything again as we speak. If that doesn't fix it, I'm going to take it to a buddies Muffler shop and go all out with Headers, Hi-Flow cats all hooked up to my MBRP exhaust :)

Love it. Nothing better than turning a repair into an upgrade. I'm waiting to pop a head gasket to give me an excuse to do a cam swap.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, justifying it to the wife is easy with a blown head gasket though.

Either one can kill your motor. IMO, the AFM will fail long before a head gasket does. With an AFM failure, you don't really have any warning and it can do a lot of damage to where the engine may need to be rebuilt or replaced. If a head gasket fails, you usually have some sort of indication and can park the truck until it's repaired. So, the AFM needs to be deleted before it fails, the head gasket can stay until it fails. As a bonus, it will get new head gaskets when you delete the AFM/swap the cam, then it'll be good to go for 300,000 miles. Explain all of this to her AFTER you pull rank and order your cam and lifters.;)

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Well, seems like my AFM is failing. When de-accelerating I get a rapid drop in oil pressure and the truck goes from V8 to V4 mode and will not let me accelerate for about 5-7 seconds and then jumps back into V8 mode and everything is fine including oil pressure.

Cold my oil pressure is around 75psi and warm my pressure is about 60psi. When the oil pressure dips, it drops to about 30psi, activates V4 mode then climbs back up to 60psi and V8 mode returns. I'm thinking it's a sensor gone bad since I was just in the oil valley not to long ago and everything looked pretty tarnished.

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Showed the wife how to unlock her power running boards. Lol..she must have bumped the ASC switch when plugging in the USB cable on the passenger side.

Now she knows. :)

Last edited:

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Dropped it off for some much needed love at my buddies shop. The list includes the following:

New Oil pan gasket ($190)
Detail all leaked oil from front diff area
New drain plug with (seal was bad) ($6)
Oil change and filter ($30)
New rear wiper ($6)
Greased slip yoke to eliminate clunk

Going to the dealer next week to get quote on fixing my console lid and driver seat. I was going to go look at a summit white short bus 2010 Denali tomorrow with 80K on it, but when its all said and done I'll have roughly $500 into these small fixes and little quirks, and it will function just as good, for much cheaper!

In addition, the Corsa exhaust fell through, unfortunately, (which allowed me to do all the fixes) which sucks, but isn't such a bad thing in hind sight. I did still get a Superchips Flashpaq and OEM chrome tow hooks, so that should be fun.

After that I will be grabbing a K&N intake from a local forum member, some LED fog bulbs (5000k), and then I have to think of more ideas! hahahaha

07B1E94F-F377-42DB-B41D-F03458B18EA0_zpswt7qpbef.png

91AE6809-CAA5-43CB-ACEC-527F852FE60E_zpsyxssld21.png

0A1CDECE-4F58-44C7-90A5-44DDA497E4DC_zpsgtbkvtys.png

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Order some new rubbers Nitto G3s 275 60 20s.

Had a question as well, anyone know if the 16 model tails fit our models? Saw a 16 model driving around kind of liked the tails thought they would look nice on my 07.

Also any good links for replacing seals and bearings on the front diff. Iv got a good little whine up front and I'm thinking that may be the culprit. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA