What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to add some usb ports to the rear of the center console, to the right of the cigarette power port, does anyone know how the rear of the console comes off? I tried to search for previous mod's but the search function on this site is broken (in my opinion), just trying to avoid breaking anything from the getgo, any tips or tricks? im hoping I don't have to pull the whole thing apart.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Y-Pipe is on but the guy did not remove the broken bolt, something about being too windy. A blanket or large box could've handled that. The nearest bolt was 2 hours away and Tuesday at the earliest so I just ordered two from ebay from the closest dealerships. Dorman has a kit with the bolts but they are much shorter, probably for the GMT800s, don't know for sure, none of local auto parts stores had it in stock anyway.

Sounded ok but have not driven it yet. I guess I'll take her out and see in a few minutes. Damn bolt.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I am going to add some usb ports to the rear of the center console, to the right of the cigarette power port, does anyone know how the rear of the console comes off? I tried to search for previous mod's but the search function on this site is broken (in my opinion), just trying to avoid breaking anything from the getgo, any tips or tricks? im hoping I don't have to pull the whole thing apart.

It just pops off, kinda like the stereo surround. Get a pry tool, plastic preferably, and start on either side and work your way around.

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The search feature on this site is definitely useless, but I just use Google as a site search. It works way better. You could try something like:

“Remove rear console site:tahoeyukonforum.com”

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Y-Pipe is on but the guy did not remove the broken bolt, something about being too windy. A blanket or large box could've handled that. The nearest bolt was 2 hours away and Tuesday at the earliest so I just ordered two from ebay from the closest dealerships. Dorman has a kit with the bolts but they are much shorter, probably for the GMT800s, don't know for sure, none of local auto parts stores had it in stock anyway.

Sounded ok but have not driven it yet. I guess I'll take her out and see in a few minutes. Damn bolt.

Sway bar end link bolt is broken? I wouldn't let that stop me from driving it. The OEM ones snap in short order and so many trucks are going around with them broken and the drivers have no idea. Most auto parts stores have aftermarket polyurethane end link kits that include all hardware.

I'm anxious to see if new cats improve power and/or MPG in your rig.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

is it broke off flush? or is there enough sticking out to get a grip o
The search feature on this site is definitely useless, but I just use Google as a site search. It works way better. You could try something like:

“Remove rear console site:tahoeyukonforum.com”
ya I got a response from another thread I started, good thing I didn't dig into it today weather was beautiful---then..... in came some nasty clouds, hail, torrential downpour, def took a turn for the worse.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sway bar end link bolt is broken? I wouldn't let that stop me from driving it. The OEM ones snap in short order and so many trucks are going around with them broken and the drivers have no idea. Most auto parts stores have aftermarket polyurethane end link kits that include all hardware.

I'm anxious to see if new cats improve power and/or MPG in your rig.

No, it's one of the two bolts that secures the sway bar to the frame on the right side. Heard it move when pulling out of the drive tonight and steering was not as tight but no problems driving around.

Check engine light came on before even making it to the highway, not unexpected with new cats, reset it and has not come back. Heading north on the highway the mileage was about 17. Heading back down south it was 19 to 21. Reset fuel trims while running but forgot to reset alcohol content and trims went into negative teens. Got back into town and drove to a Mobil station, refueled with 93 and reset the trims again at idle just down the road. Trims were higher than originally but mileage seems better. No chance to really get on it save for a Suburban I jumped off the line in 4WD to 45 mph. 10 miles of city driving after refueling and pulled into the driveway with a 16 mpg average. Time will tell.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it broke off flush?

Snapped the head off. It's not a blind hole, the threads stick out on the other side but not enough room to get a nut over it but maybe vise grips. Very rusty though, going to soak it in PB Blaster and either take it to the guys shop or buy an Easy Out kit and do it myself.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snapped the head off. It's not a blind hole, the threads stick out on the other side but not enough room to get a nut over it but maybe vise grips. Very rusty though, going to soak it in PB Blaster and either take it to the guys shop or buy an Easy Out kit and do it myself.
I broke one of those and ended up drilling it out and re-tapping it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65