What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have info on where you got all your parts? I may be interested in this. Seems like a nice mod especially for those in hot places who do a lot of towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I purchased a used assembly from a hummer, it had 200k on the clock so just to be safe I purchased new motors from rock auto
one motor was $60 the other was $40, and the assembly was $200-used
the housing is part # 15780789 if you buy just that alone you wont get the fans or motors you have to find it used to get a complete unit.
motors were
ACDELCO 1580881
ACDELCO 1580880

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Radiator-C...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Drove it to GA to pick up my 4/6 kit.

Cruise set on 73mph there and back.

Averaged a little over 17 MPG which isn't bad, IMO, considering I have 3:73 gears in the rear.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks but i didnt put up the frame rail pics....

Mine's a might worse than that. It's from West Virginia. I was thinking of getting under there one day with a brush and baking soda and then coat everything in tallow or oil afterwards. One of my Montana's is from Wisconsin and it had rust/rot on ancillary parts but not the body or suspension. Been two years and hasn't gotten any worse. I'll be under the truck next week doing the cats and will think about it more then.

Did your wife see you lean that tire up against that other car???

So....... what’s with the valet switch?

I don't know, haven't found anything yet, still looking.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine's a might worse than that. It's from West Virginia. I was thinking of getting under there one day with a brush and baking soda and then coat everything in tallow or oil afterwards. One of my Montana's is from Wisconsin and it had rust/rot on ancillary parts but not the body or suspension. Been two years and hasn't gotten any worse. I'll be under the truck next week doing the cats and will think about it more then.

Did your wife see you lean that tire up against that other car???

Thats the commuter accord with 325k.... talk about rust... iv garaged it since new 10yrs ago and last month i found this....3B79C40F-0CAE-4853-BD1A-6BAD6B9CB909.jpegE025BF2C-0B1D-470F-9D87-592E2F0967EA.jpeg

Valet setting:
On newer trucks there's a setting in the radio/nav unit for a rev limiter or something i was reading last night. Dont know about nnbs’s tho

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '79 Buick had a Fred Flintstone floor in the passenger's well, not as bad as that though. It was a South Florida beach car with many trips to the Keys. Lived on the east side of town like Fosscore and would get covered in salt everyday. Curiously, that doesn't happen up here where I'm at now and for a time I lived on the water!

I saw that about the newer ones and gave up after an hour trying to find out about it. Maybe someone else 'round here will know?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. Rear pass footwell on my 81 monte was like that. A little fiberglass, new carpet set and some undercoating fixed it all up...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bodywork intimidated me, took a piece of hardboard, cut to shape, painted it black and put it over the carpet but under the floor mat. At 110 mph it began to levitate and at 120 would fly out of the footwell and fly around the interior! It's a miracle that we're still alive with all the dumb stuff my buddies and I did back then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401