What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 78010 Decided to give the Suburban some more love with a quick machine polish using Meguiars Show finish glaze. Looks absolutely amazing and now going to tackle the interior tomorrow with some steam cleaning of the carpets and headliner. I'll post pics when all said and done :)

I'm Still on hold with the rear bumper as the insurance adjuster is being a ***** and saying it's pre-existing damage. Really? Lmao

This is gonna sound dumb but i dont give a ****....When you say machine polish are you using an actual machine/buffer or doing it by hand. I am always skeptical when it comes to putting a buffer or something gritty on my paint, ive seen it a done million times, I understand how it works but im just f'in scared....lol

And on the steam cleaning.....i dont know if you've done it before but id be careful doing that to the headliner....you know how they always used to fall, foam separating from backing and material....i would think all that heat/water would break it down faster causing 'premature droop'.....;)

Thanks @DaRosa218 your burban looks good but i still cant believe your dropping it.....lol....kidding looks good....paint really shines and i really like the color...you and @07Burb are the same color right? Always liked red but black is my goto color....i shocked myself when i had my buddy spray my bike gray....lol

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SLP kit is on my list of wants. Hopefully if it goes on sale somewhere, I'll have the extra scratch for it.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
$95 at jegs free shipping and amazon too i think

I guess I'm the odd man out.... I cut the stock muffler out and replaced it with kind of a straight thru muffler with a baffle and left my resonator in place. It has a nice tone but not obnoxiously loud.

Its the wife's truck and it is an LTZ which to me is more luxury than mud truck so I didn't want loud.

The main reason I did it was to loose the weight of the big heavy stock muffler and let her breath a lil easier.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm the odd man out.... I cut the stock muffler out and replaced it with kind of a straight thru muffler with a baffle and left my resonator in place. It has a nice tone but not obnoxiously loud.

Its the wife's truck and it is an LTZ which to me is more luxury than mud truck so I didn't want loud.

The main reason I did it was to loose the weight of the big heavy stock muffler and let her breath a lil easier.

I am going to swap the muffler also, one day, for more 'noise'....but not too much..

the main reason for this kit, for me anyway and maybe others also, is for looks. I cant stand the look of the, as i think @Fosscore called it, 'coffee can' hanging under the bumper of my truck and it will give it a kick ass look...imo

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just deleting the resonator and putting on that SLP kit doesn't change the sound at all so there's no risk of sounding like a "mud truck" with that kit. The resonator do basically nothing other than add a visual eye sore to the rear of the vehicle lol

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just deleting the resonator and putting on that SLP kit doesn't change the sound at all so there's no risk of sounding like a "mud truck" with that kit. The resonator do basically nothing other than add a visual eye sore to the rear of the vehicle lol

This may be true with the stock muffler but I guarantee you that it tones it down with the Lil short straight through design muffler that now resides under the Burb... Lol

This is pretty much identical to the one on there now...rps20170330_094518_952.jpg
It is a single baffle flow through design I guess it might be considered a 2 chamber muffler but there is no fiberglass to quieten it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts