What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
@MichaelSE

I had the driver's side painted all the way to the front fender and the liftgate done.

Cost was $1000 and that painter swore up and down he would not do another WDT because of the blending. That is the toughest part with the ground coat and top coat is matching the amount of coverage/coats to blend with the rest/OEM paint that is not being painted.

I can look hard enough and see a difference in the drivers door vs. the drivers front fender.

Average Joe will not. So ask questions to your painter about their confidence in the 3 stage process.

Thank you for the reply. May I ask what happened to yours that it needed to be repainted?

I took a look at the pics in page 12 of your thread and I'd say your painter did a good job. Can't tell from those pics that there's a difference in the door & fender. The 3 stage process is why I'm hesitant to take it to just any old paint shop that the adjuster recommends; I'd rather talk directly to the painters and see how they feel about doing WDT.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. May I ask what happened to yours that it needed to be repainted?

I took a look at the pics in page 12 of your thread and I'd say your painter did a good job. Can't tell from those pics that there's a difference in the door & fender. The 3 stage process is why I'm hesitant to take it to just any old paint shop that the adjuster recommends; I'd rather talk directly to the painters and see how they feel about doing WDT.

Before I bought it from my currrent employer, he had tagged it wth a golf cart on the liftgate lower right corner and just behind the drivers side 2nd row door in front of the wheel well.

No pictures unfortunately. Small panel dents, but down to the bare metal and then coated with a crappy random white paint to cover the metal. Lol

The repair was on his bill at the time and that is where I learned about the multi-stage process. Many threads online about the blending and the 3 stage process.

The painters stuck with it and shot it three times to get it right. Again no one would ever know unless they knew what they were looking for.

Funny the window tinter mentioned the repaint (but he also collected vintage cars) lol.

That is also the reason I cannot debadge as they removed the letters but not the double sided tape. And probably the same wth the moldings on the drivers side.

Just hit up your painter for their comfort and experience with what is needed to make it happen.

Any more questions let me know. Sorry about your truck man. That was some ugly damage. Mother Nature no mercy! @MichaelSE

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
IMG_2481.JPG IMG_2583.JPG IMG_2584.JPG IMG_2585.JPG IMG_2586.JPG So I had a buddy ask who did I do an interior swap with as my Suburban is a Z71 yet has all black leather interior. Mine is a 3LT Z71 so I figured it would be all black however he said all Z71's regardless have two-tone seats. Is this true? I bought it from an older gentleman who was the original owner and highly doubt that he swapped the seats. Maybe this was customer ordered from the factory? Here's my interior for reference....

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn I want to buy a setina pb400 but no replies on my thread If it will work on a 2010 yukon! I mean what would be needed to make it work?

SidewaystheSeven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn I want to buy a setina pb400 but no replies on my thread If it will work on a 2010 yukon! I mean what would be needed to make it work?

Doesn't the Yukon have the spot for the tow hooks in the same place as the Tahoe?

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the Yukon have the spot for the tow hooks in the same place as the Tahoe?
yes, but I have no hooks, just empty frame squares. with holes on the inner part of the holes.
and bumper cut outs.
d60b6799b7c4c93a446f1e985810b642.jpg

I'd hate to drop down $300+ and it just not work lol or have to pay someone another 3 digits for special mounts.

SidewaystheSeven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, but I have no hooks, just empty frame squares. with holes on the inner part of the holes.
and bumper cut outs.

Then it will work as long as you're buying one that fits the Tahoe. As an FYI, you may have to drill an additional hole in the part of the frame where the brackets connect. There are 2 bolts on each side and my Suburban, oddly enough, only had 3 holes. Not a big deal, 3 mins with a carbide bit and it was good to go. I look under the fiance's Tahoe and she has 4. Whatever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbrown415