What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the link on the console organizer. Funyuns...sheesh that goes waaaay back!! 3000 mile oil changes here. Always had that in my head no matter what the DIC says. Can't hurt to have some fresh oil in the motor, right?

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed the Denali and went to the gun range.
5dd78a0d4f6b5fbbbe117601733ae139.jpg
c5fd0f020f75122b550361ddde845c2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil in my truck for the first time since buying it.

The oil was PITCH BLACK and so heavy/dirty it almost overflowed the oil drain pan I was using because it was so thick it didn't want to drain down the center hole. And the oil filter? It was practically SEALED on. It was so difficult to get off, it took me an hour. Replaced with Mobil 1 Extended Life oil filter and full synthetic Mobil 1 oil.

Doing the oil change got rid of what I think was a slight case of lifter tick; the truck is now smooth and linear when idling, and feels like it has an insane amount of power now; all I have to do is touch the throttle and it takes off.

What do you guys think? How does your oil look come time to change it? Because of how dirty that oil was, I will be changing it again in about 3k miles. I'm actually surprised that the OLM (oil life monitor) still said the old oil had 30% life with how bad it was. The best description? It truly looked like and moved like molasses.

I'm betting that either the previous owner used crappy oil or it was due for a change before selling it and they just reset the OLM without changing the oil. My recommendation (and many others agree) is that you don't go off of the OLM and you change it on a more regular schedule. The OLM doesn't actually analyze the oil to determine it's remaining life. You could fill the crankcase with muddy water and it wouldn't know the difference. It estimates the oil's condition based off of mileage, engine loads, run time, temperatures, etc.

I only run synthetic and I've tried a few different brands. My last two changes have been with Pennzoil Platinum because that's the only oil that I've ran and never had the lifter tick at startup. The Mobil1 I ran before that greatly reduced the frequency of the tick down to maybe 5 occurrences over the 5K interval. The Pennzoil has totally eliminated it and the engine seems to run more smoothly. As far as appearance, 5K miles is about where it starts to get a little dark and that's why I change it. I don't mean black, but it's not damned-near clear like it is when fresh. It's more of a honey color. I also rotate the tires at this time. It's just easier to keep track when it's on a 5K-mile schedule: service at 135K miles, 140K, 145K, 150K, 155K, 160K, etc.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I go 5k in the hoe last oil change went to mobil1 full syn, oil doesnt look too bad when i dump it. @jyi786 that sounds like oul hasnt been changed in a long while. Since new my accord commuter car goes 10k on mobil1 full syn and i dump 1/2 quart in at about 5k, otherwise i would be changing the oil every other week as i do about 150miles rnd trip a day. But when i do i do change the accord oil it feels like a different car, i say to my wife ,'mmm, new found power' cuz the car has a little more getup and go for a 4cyl. But its got 300,000 so any little bit of anything helps....lol

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have great reviews. I've gotta get one.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I have shot about 500 rounds through it with no issues. I like it! Best part ammo is dirt cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeltFed_9

Latest posts