What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 2" drop springs from Tony. Come on the 20th of next month. I'll have a day and a half to replace all my front suspension, put rear springs and shocks on ( undecided on helper bags yet), the new intake manifold ( broke the pcv nipple), and brake light switch bc my cruise control knocks off when I hit a bump.

Then alignment the 21st. I think it's doable.

And if I have time, get the windshield tinted.

Maybe polish and wax, but that may be pushing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 2" drop springs from Tony. Come on the 20th of next month. I'll have a day and a half to replace all my front suspension, put rear springs and shocks on ( undecided on helper bags yet), the new intake manifold ( broke the pcv nipple), and brake light switch bc my cruise control knocks off when I hit a bump.

Then alignment the 21st. I think it's doable.

And if I have time, get the windshield tinted.

Maybe polish and wax, but that may be pushing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would you need helper bags with a drop?

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Helper bags are cheap and easy to install especially if you are already taking stuff apart. I love having them even if i dont use them much. Nice to know i can throw a heavy amount of stuff in or tow a big trailer if i need too

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the bags while you have everything apart. Less than $100 and ready if you need them.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you upgrade your injectors and pump to bigger components that are ethanol compatable?
You'd make a bunch more power and be more resistant to knock on the E.
Makes a huge difference on the EVOs. If I switched to E85 right now I'd net 60-80 more WHP and be real close to 500 Mustang Dyno at that point. Unfortunately the closest station to my house is 60 miles away so it's not very convenient :(

At this point, he would also need a retune (obviously), but with that tune he will probably need the alcohol sensor re-enabled and the ethanol maps added back in. he will not 'need' to fuel up solely at e-85 stations IF everything is added back in correctly. His ECU will be able to recognize the alcohol content of the fuel and adjust for that content. A pain in the hind end, but do-able and can get pricey if paying someone else to do that work. Depends on how serious you are about that extra HP, but the dollar per HP ratio will be steep.

Reaction score
x3 on the bags. Have them on my lowered TBSS that has seen a ton of towing miles. No issues at all.

dross99_si

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point, he would also need a retune (obviously), but with that tune he will probably need the alcohol sensor re-enabled and the ethanol maps added back in. he will not 'need' to fuel up solely at e-85 stations IF everything is added back in correctly. His ECU will be able to recognize the alcohol content of the fuel and adjust for that content. A pain in the hind end, but do-able and can get pricey if paying someone else to do that work. Depends on how serious you are about that extra HP, but the dollar per HP ratio will be steep.

Yeah it will be back to true flexfuel.
So need for bigger pump or injectors though? Do the stock parts flow enough? So basically no mechanical modifications needed, just tuning related changes?
Not sure it's worth it to spend the dough if you don't have E85 close by so you can run it daily.
Would be cool to unlock that extra power though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia