What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put a socket on the intake bolts, couple on the passenger side were loose again, explains the trims being a little high. Guess we'll have to do new gaskets someday. Checked the oil, closed the hood, all good.

Nice preventive maint there. If you do those gaskets check your valley cover bolts.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was worth it to me for the hyper flash alone. I worked for hours and hours, looked up every article I could find, and failed. It was driving me crazy. I could get it to stop as long as the headlights were off, or if the truck wasn’t running, or any other combination but as soon as I thought I had it solved it would start again. I had 6 resistors wired in and gave up. IDK what my issue was but every single light except the low beams were LED and those were Morimoto Mini H1’s. I have a lot of money and time in my lights and the hyper flash was ruining it. I couldn’t stand it.
I guess you’re right. I’ve spent a small fortune on led bulbs all over the truck. High low fog turns drl tails. Everything but my hi low fog are all lasfit canbus. I have them in other cars that need the canbus and I liked how bright they were. I could’ve saved a few bucks I guess and just got the regular bulbs they offer. Eh maybe after the new year I’ll get a bcm tune once I figure out how much it’ll cost.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find the torque factor equivalent in the 4l60 like the 6l80 has? Using hptuners.

the values on the 6l80 are as follows:
1-2:1.000
2-3:1.000
Etc

That menu does not exist for the 4l60. I’m working on tuning part throttle atm but want to speed up the completion timing and firmness.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find the torque factor equivalent in the 4l60 like the 6l80 has? Using hptuners.

the values on the 6l80 are as follows:
1-2:1.000
2-3:1.000
Etc

That menu does not exist for the 4l60. I’m working on tuning part throttle atm but want to speed up the completion timing and firmness.
You’ll find way more info for hptuners and the like over at performancetrucks.net. There’s very few people here who do their own tuning.

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the rear diff fluid earlier. So far this has been my least favorite job - I'd rather do the spark plugs again. Forgot to drop the spare tire which wasn't an issue until I had to refill the oil. My harbor freight transfer pump had kicked the bucket on the front diff (which was its first use) so I had to refill by hand.

Didn't have much room to hold the bottle directly against the fill hole, so my solution was to add a foot of vinyl tubing and angle it up between the spare and the rear quarter panel. This worked ok but the hose slipped out once and left a mess on the driveway. Should've put cardboard down, but oh well.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed the rear diff fluid earlier. So far this has been my least favorite job - I'd rather do the spark plugs again. Forgot to drop the spare tire which wasn't an issue until I had to refill the oil. My harbor freight transfer pump had kicked the bucket on the front diff (which was its first use) so I had to refill by hand.

Didn't have much room to hold the bottle directly against the fill hole, so my solution was to add a foot of vinyl tubing and angle it up between the spare and the rear quarter panel. This worked ok but the hose slipped out once and left a mess on the driveway. Should've put cardboard down, but oh well.
I use a little hand pump that screws onto the quart fluid bottle and you just pump the thing up and down. It has a clear hose and the whole thing can sit on the ground. It’s worked fine for years and takes very little storage room.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use a little hand pump that screws onto the quart fluid bottle and you just pump the thing up and down. It has a clear hose and the whole thing can sit on the ground. It’s worked fine for years and takes very little storage room.
I had one like that. Snapped off last time I was filling my front differential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlazinMilk