What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black4x4

Reaction score
Truck sat all day today... but put my new sticker on!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 32

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
Got rid of the crap eBay projectors and got some depos
fe4487095a3528b80f4f10dbb168b741.jpg
eda4b102e6852575828e1b88cc92e44a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been searching all weekend for those signal housings, cant find them anywhere

BaMaDuDe87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Delt with a caliper bolt coming out. The caliper scratched the inside of my wheel, the disk scratched up the inside of the caliper (between the pads) and I got a cracked disk out of the deal. Thankfully I was pulling into my work parking lot when it decided to come all the way out.

New bolt, old disks that I had traded out for new ones (they were still good, just wanted to "upgrade") and what seemed like 40 hours of my time later, all is well again...........for now

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Delt with a caliper bolt coming out. The caliper scratched the inside of my wheel, the disk scratched up the inside of the caliper (between the pads) and I got a cracked disk out of the deal. Thankfully I was pulling into my work parking lot when it decided to come all the way out.

New bolt, old disks that I had traded out for new ones (they were still good, just wanted to "upgrade") and what seemed like 40 hours of my time later, all is well again...........for now

Did you hear any noises or symptoms leading up to the failure, or was it sudden and catastrophic?

BaMaDuDe87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you hear any noises or symptoms leading up to the failure, or was it sudden and catastrophic?

No warning, was sudden and thankfully I was not going fast enough for it to be catastrophic. If this would have happened when I was going faster, I have no doubt it would have been one hell of a wreck.

When I slowed down and was turning into my parking lot, I heard a terrible grinding sound. I replaced the pads and rotors at the end of last year, so I knew the brakes shouldn't be sounding like that.

Pulled into a parking spot and the truck was jumping when trying to stop and the peddle was very soft.

Wife came and got me at the end of the day. Went back with a jack and took the drivers side rear tire off, grabbed the caliper and it was all sorts of floppy. Bottom bolt gone and top bolt was starting to get lose from me "stopping" in the parking lot trying to figure out what was going on.

So Thursday night I pulled the tire off, figured out what was going on. Couldn't find a replacement bolt. Took the caliper off to grab the old bolt, to make sure the new bolt matched the old one. Put the tire back on and left it there for the night.

Friday went to dealership to get new bolt. Got off work, home eat and change. Back to work to pull tire back off, pull rotor off to check, found crack on inside of rotor, cleaned everything off, put everything back together. Checked all the rest of the caliper bolts. It stayed at work again Friday night.

Sat morning went a picked it up, went home to grab "old" rotors, took them to O'Reillys to have them turned just for peace of mind at this point. Back home to pull both rears off, dissemble, clean again and back together for the third time with ample amounts of Permatex Threadlocker on caliper bolts.......and now they will be checked with every oil change.

Fun few days.

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh shit what happened man?
Sucks how much shit on these can get tweaked even from a hit like that!

donovandavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh shit what happened man?

Sucks how much shit on these can get tweaked even from a hit like that!

Going 7mph looking at a car passing by when traffic stopped then boom. Very surprised on the amount of damage from going that slow. Looks like I'm just gonna need a new hood and a can re paint the grille myself (it needed it). Anyone know of a good place to get a replacement hood for a decent price? Cheapest I can find is 270 after shipping on rock auto

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Also does anyone know if a 99 Sierra hood will work on a 2003 Yukon Denali?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali