What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I installed a new passenger side license plate lamp housing that I purchased directly from the dealer. Freaking $27 for a piece of plastic that was made in China - what a shame.

Pulled the valve covers to find that I'm the owner of a sub 100k mile Tahoe that needs new heads because of the F'd up Castech fail. This is my first GM and I've only had the thing for 3000 miles too.

What do you mean by Castech fail?

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Physh.

Would it be prudent to take off the valve cover and inspect my truck for the Castech symbol, or should I only worry about it if/when my truck begins to experience coolant loss?

So far I'm at 122k with no problems so far - would that mean that my truck probably doesn't have Castech heads?

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All factory speakers replaced with 2 way Kenwoods, also put in a Kicker hideaway Sub w/amp build in. Sounds great! This evening replacing all headlight and park light housings with Spyder brand. All bulbs are Silverstars, and the daytime running lamps are LEDS.

JTahoeR

Reaction score
Took my 01 to the local dealer about trading it in on a 05 z71 tahoe. While filling out papers for financing the manager took mine for a test drive and the damn thing stalled out and wouldn't start again. Have not had a single hiccup with it whaysoever and can only think it's the fuel pump which I had replaced last year. After sitti g for a few hours i went out and tried to start it it idled for juat under a minute then began spitting and sputtering rpms dropped and stalled out.So had it towed to my mechanic who is out of town until Monday.
20140927_161856_zpshfgjztwu.jpg

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All factory speakers replaced with 2 way Kenwoods, also put in a Kicker hideaway Sub w/amp build in. Sounds great! This evening replacing all headlight and park light housings with Spyder brand. All bulbs are Silverstars, and the daytime running lamps are LEDS.

Hopefully you sealed them with silicone on the seams before installing...

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washed, waxed, and detailed the inside finally. Been sitting outside for about 2 weeks while waiting to close on my first house. Don't have things hung on the walls but at least the Denali is clean ;)

Xypher

I Like It Loud
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will be registering mine on Monday, but I bought 2 pairs of 6.5" kickers for the doors today. Those should sound good with my new pioneer deck I got last week. I'll be putting it all in sometime later in the week. It's gonna be a loud system by the time I'm done installing my subs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unrolledtoiletpap