What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Started the day off by ordering the GM Brush Guard light kit (17802903) and tow/haul mirrors package with turn signals and power folding (19243900), and a few other goodies. Then went to a customers shop and happened to be there when a tow truck got stuck in the mud in their back lot. They didn't have anything to pull it out, so pulled around it and went through the same hole in 2wd and had no trouble (Nitto Terra Grappler ftw). I was then strapped to the truck and pulled it out of the mud hole. People at the shop were impressed with the tires. Then, engine oil consumption issue reared its ugly head. That makes 1 qt in 2200 miles. I even tried using Lucas Oil Stabilizer. Next oil change I will try Valvoline Max Life and see how that goes.

Last edited:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finally got my O2 sensor from the UPS guy, now trying to get the computer to reset the code and turn off the check engine light!! lol If I can't get the light to go out by unhooking the battery, guess I will have to take it to the auto parts store to see if they will clear it for me!!

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pair of 17" GM alloys for spares and my parts got delivered. Fuel pump, egr valve, cabin filters and fan clutch all waiting on me to do work.

Keipherlc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oil change, rear brakes, and IPC all done. Was happy until the Service Tire Monitor popped up on the info screen. :(

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
Started the day off by ordering the GM Brush Guard light kit (17802903) and tow/haul mirrors package with turn signals and power folding (19243900), and a few other goodies. Then went to a customers shop and happened to be there when a tow truck got stuck in the mud in their back lot. They didn't have anything to pull it out, so pulled around it and went through the same hole in 2wd and had no trouble (Nitto Terra Grappler ftw). I was then strapped to the truck and pulled it out of the mud hole. People at the shop were impressed with the tires. Then, engine oil consumption issue rated its ugly head. That makes 1 qt in 2200 miles. I even tried using Lucas Oil Stabilizer. Next oil change I will try Valvoline Max Life and see how that goes.

how many miles do you have that you're burning oil on an 07? My 01 has 130k and doesn't burn any....

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Pressure washer her yesterday and gonna try to give her a good cleaning today if i get the chance.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score

I'm going to try seafoam today to see if that'll help clean her up a little bit.

kinda low to be burning oil ???

seafoam will necessite changing the spark plugs and oil right after and that wont help oil burninng...

I would try 5 qts of Shell Rotella 5w30...that usually fixes any oil issue

great oil!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 07 uses a little oil as well at the rate of ~1 qt per 3k miles. From my understanding this rate of consumption is "normal" or at least not big enough to warrant the expense it'd take to fix it at this point.

What oil weight do you use domin8? 5w-30? 10w-30?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DH24YUKON