What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just realized my AC was blowing hot. I looked under the hood and saw a very visible leak in the hose from the compressor to the condenser. Last time I charged it I put a bunch of dye in it. I'm not sure what caused the puncture, maybe road debris or something, but there's a nick in the hose almost like an awl or screwdriver punctured it. Oh well, new hose is on order From RockAuto, and I'll swap it out as soon as it arrives. Thankfully the weather isn't too hot right now. It's just a little warm during the day and in the 50's in the evenings, so it's quite tolerable right now with no AC at least.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put an OEM rubber transmission mount in replacing the Energy Suspension poly. Need to drive it a bit and see if any effect on my squeak.

Daughter came over to craft shop with wife/mom so I got her car's oil changed and a wash then cleaned the inside windows.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
being sat was likely the last nice day i'll see for a while, i helped out a friend with his oil change on gis hellcat. my quick jacks are a life saver. just to easy.

then i took the time to change my d/s blend door actuator. jobs a pita really theres two screws that gm clearly never wanted you to remove..... but it is nice to have full control of the hot and cold again.

still got two window regs to swap out, clean the master window switch inside due to a sticky d/s front window button, then the new module for the seats pedals, ect, the cover plate turns out to be pretty worn and when lit up the whole buttons glow, so ill swap on my old cover thats like mint. lastly solder up the rear view mirror so the temp shows up again. im off all winter, so little by little i hope to get em all knocked out.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey girls, I’m gonna pull my old thang into the shop Tuesday for a few minor mods. One of which is actually removing the column shifter thingy and installing the Manual trans column trim. Anyone know how to remove the thing the column shifter plugs into? It blocks the man trans trim from fitting.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
So I’m confused.
It was my understanding, from this forum, that 00-02 had steel hatches and then gm swapped to aluminum in 03 because struts were giving out prematurely with steel hatches.
Now I hear it’s random depending on production plant?

Also I didn’t do anything to my gmt800 today because it’s in storage in AZ while I’m in AK :,(

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So I’m confused.
It was my understanding, from this forum, that 00-02 had steel hatches and then gm swapped to aluminum in 03 because struts were giving out prematurely with steel hatches.
Now I hear it’s random depending on production plant?

Also I didn’t do anything to my gmt800 today because it’s in storage in AZ while I’m in AK :,(
What's up Newb ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali