What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Very long time, no post. The motor went out in my driver’s seat a while back so I’m trying to swap in some inexpensive seats from an ‘03+ To my ‘02 but having difficulty figuring out the wiring. So I’ll be nice and close to my steering wheel until I get it figured out!
Re-pinned the connector (I had the hot wire in the wrong spot) and now it works like a charm! Apparently all these basic motorized seats need is a power and ground.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear brakes just before the snowstorm...
I was going to hop on Rockauto for rear brake pads and rotor, but I started getting that squeal. Two out of the four pads were scraping metal on metal. So I could wait no longer.

NAPA had 20% off, which saved me almost $50! In stock for immediate pick-up and with the extra discount, was pretty close to the Rockauto cost. It was 36 degrees, so I wasted no time.

First rotor was a bear! Not fuse to the hub, but the inside had a lip of rust the prevented it from clearing the emergency brake shoe. BFH and swearing were not as effective as I had hoped. It came down to a foot on the control arm, yanking on the rotor with everything I had. More swears, of course. Took well over 1.5 hours, just to get the first rotor off!

Got everything done on both sides and test drive. Did the break-in process of a few hard stops on the brakes to work the pads. Stopped straight and no pulling.

I drove to the next town to pick up dinner and half-way back, the driver's rear was red hot! Caliper must have been hanging (?). This morning, I gave a few taps with the hammer before trying to drive again. Still pretty hot, but no smoking and was not red hot. With the snow on the ground I decided to try to force a skid to activate ABS. I did that a few times, drove a little further and checked. Ran cooler. Drove the rest of my 20 mile trip. By the time I got to work, that side seemed to gotten better. I may be in for new calipers at some point.

20220128_165552.jpg
20220128_165333.jpg
20220128_165323.jpg

Last edited:

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm still around from time to time. My job has me exhausted most of the time that I sleep most evenings and just veg out on the weekends. Since this is the GMT800 forum, my 06 sierra denali is slowly telling me that she needs some attention. The NP149 is making unsettling noises, like whining at speeds over 40mph, it makes rubbing noises while turning at slow speeds. It's also time to replace the oil pan gasket and valve cover gaskets. I'd love to put a better cam in it, headers, build the 4L65, get nicer wheels... But do I need 2 performance vehicles?!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm still around from time to time. My job has me exhausted most of the time that I sleep most evenings and just veg out on the weekends. Since this is the GMT800 forum, my 06 sierra denali is slowly telling me that she needs some attention. The NP149 is making unsettling noises, like whining at speeds over 40mph, it makes rubbing noises while turning at slow speeds. It's also time to replace the oil pan gasket and valve cover gaskets. I'd love to put a better cam in it, headers, build the 4L65, get nicer wheels... But do I need 2 performance vehicles?!
Of course you do!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You do realize who you’re asking, right? :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack10432

Latest posts