What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you like the Luyeds? I put then in my both the NBS and NNBS fogs. Been pretty happy with them and had them both in for 2 years now. Not every day use, but plenty bright.
I like them, they’re bright and seem to be high quality.

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. This is where I've been planning on going with mine. Which keys did you use and how much did you crank them? Any rubbing trimming? Fender height numbers would be awesome.

They're cheap MOTO FAB keys off amazon (1"-2.5" I believe). The bolts on the keys are in roughly the same as they were from the factory. I didn't count turns. Its a little stiffer but that's with the bars cranked and MUCH stiffer tires. Overall I'm still happy with the ride. Haven't done shocks because the truck has AC Delco shocks that probably have less than 10k miles on them. If I have any issues I'll probably go to 5100s.

For the rear I used Moog 81069 springs. No additional spacers or anything. Might add some airlift bags. Depends on how much it sags when I hook my boat to it.

Fender heights are 38.75 front and 39.25 rear. I'm expecting the rear to settle some and I didn't want to crank the keys any more.

I have not trimmed anything and it does not rub even at full lock forward or reverse.

The pictures really don't do it justice. I am thrilled with how it came out.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leveled my 05 (Keys and z71 springs. No spacers in the rear)
275/70r18 BFG KO2s
2016 18" take-off wheels

Next is going to be doing something with the running boards. I like having them, but the factory plastic ones are faded and look terrible.

View attachment 232063
You could paint the running boards satin black with Krylon Fusion, I used it on all my black plastic parts. Holds up really well.

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could paint the running boards satin black with Krylon Fusion, I used it on all my black plastic parts. Holds up really well.

Might try that. I used some black trim dye on the bumpers but I am concerned about it holding up on the running boards. Also might use it as an excuse to buy some black powder coated tube steps!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might try that. I used some black trim dye on the bumpers but I am concerned about it holding up on the running boards. Also might use it as an excuse to buy some black powder coated tube steps!
Here’s my running boards after 3 years with Krylon Fusion. I just treated them with Chemical Guys trim gel and they still look new. The paint has help up real good.

5D6FFC84-1DFC-41A2-A4F4-963F50779A20.jpeg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're cheap MOTO FAB keys off amazon (1"-2.5" I believe). The bolts on the keys are in roughly the same as they were from the factory. I didn't count turns. Its a little stiffer but that's with the bars cranked and MUCH stiffer tires. Overall I'm still happy with the ride. Haven't done shocks because the truck has AC Delco shocks that probably have less than 10k miles on them. If I have any issues I'll probably go to 5100s.

For the rear I used Moog 81069 springs. No additional spacers or anything. Might add some airlift bags. Depends on how much it sags when I hook my boat to it.

Fender heights are 38.75 front and 39.25 rear. I'm expecting the rear to settle some and I didn't want to crank the keys any more.

I have not trimmed anything and it does not rub even at full lock forward or reverse.

The pictures really don't do it justice. I am thrilled with how it came out.
Looks great! I need to do this too.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This^^. Just used this on my rear bumper pads. Looks really good in between the UV cooking in between summer and less summer.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed out the ACDelco 214-1105 GM Original Equipment Vapor Canister Purge Valve. Amazon Prime $20. Knocked out some pellets, cleared the code and will see if it comes back. Have not driven it as of this post.

fullsizeoutput_82aa.jpeg fullsizeoutput_82a1.jpeg

I have also noticed some slow fuel tank fillings. I cannot achieve WOT on the handle as I have seen posted here hinting that it might not be breathing properly.

So which part should I change out next to take care of the slow filling issue? There looks to be 2 parts under there according to videos and what I could see just behind the fuel tank.

Do both at the same time?

wVRW8onZTJiP0wxOewxRig.jpg Image 10-8-19 at 11.40.jpg Image 10-8-19 at 11.41.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I changed out the ACDelco 214-1105 GM Original Equipment Vapor Canister Purge Valve. Amazon Prime $20. Knocked out some pellets, cleared the code and will see if it comes back. Have not driven it as of this post.

View attachment 232076 View attachment 232077

I have also noticed some slow fuel tank fillings. I cannot achieve WOT on the handle as I have seen posted here hinting that it might not be breathing properly.

So which part should I change out next to take care of the slow filling issue? There looks to be 2 parts under there according to videos and what I could see just behind the fuel tank.

Do both at the same time?

View attachment 232078 View attachment 232080 View attachment 232081

If you have pellets clear up to the purge valve, your canister is shot and has been distributing charcoal throughout the vent system. You’ll need to disconnect everything and blow out the lines, and replace the canister at the least. I’d go ahead and replace the vent valve since it’s probably shot anyway.