What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devilmk4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn bro those things don't rub like crazy? We need to get some offaet on those bad boys. I went with a deep rim for mine. I guess not everyone likes that look tho so whatever make you happy!

View attachment 202592
... there 17x9 0offset on 5” backspace. For the size of the tire and all not i have trim the valance but not a huge amount and do norcal mod but dis is on stock height not even on keys.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you blow a hose or a connector? I posted about this a years ago saying the connectors get brittle and I guess more trucks are getting up there in age now. Mine broke on me in the middle of downtown dallas..dumped all of my coolant almost immediately. Big steam show and talk about a hard part to find. I just wonder if anyone is having trouble with the hoses as mine have held up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

I had one blow out about a year and a half ago on my 04. I had a worm clamp that I did a quick repair with and threw a gallon of water from Walmart in it. Luckily I was just around the corner from the ol Wally World.
Once I did that I drove it over to the closet advance auto and got a Dorman connector. That connector blew out about two or three months ago. Luckily again I had the worm clamp and I was literally right next to a park.
This time I just hooked the hose straight to the heater core line with the hose clamp and filled it back up with water with a few trips to the park water fountain lol.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... there 17x9 0offset on 5” backspace. For the size of the tire and all not i have trim the valance but not a huge amount and do norcal mod but dis is on stock height not even on keys.
Mine are 17x9 also. I had to buy the steel rims to get the offset and back space that I wanted they disnt make them in aluminum which sucks. I put a set of general grabber 35s on mine that we use on the pro 2 race truck. Custom groove and they always have people confused when they see them lol we groove them ourself so people always say" I have never seen those kind of tires before" then I have to explain why. I have torsion keys on the front of mine that picked it up a few inches but it's a weird thing because the ones I got came with new bolts and they are shorter by about three quarters of an inch which I wonder if that's so you can't use your stock ones and overcrank them to where everything binds up. I'm sure that's got to be the reason for the shorter bolts. But I had them feeling real nice with minimal trimming. It had been trimmed previously because it used to be lowered on 24s a long time ago so I trimmed it then and also I cut the bottom half of the bumper off of it so that helped. I noticed after taking the rear stock shocks off of it that it was starting to Sag pretty bad in the rear because the stock shocks hold up a bunch of the weight on these things. So I got a set of inch and a half rear coil spring spacers and put them in and it picked back up about an inch but now the front end is rubbing like a mofo again. So I had to pull the inner fender well back get my die grinder up in there and cut part of the front fender at the very back bottom off roll it in and then start chopping away at the firewall and cutting sections out. Now I have it to where it clears all the way butt when you turn the wheel it hits the damn body mount on the frame. So there's not much I can do about that other than try and move the body Mountain that's just too much work. So a my case a body lift wouldn't even help. I was thinking for a while. Just throwing a really small 2 inch body lift on it but I didn't because I really do not like them at all. So once these tires were down I'm going to go back to 33s. Plus I've lost a lot of power with the 35.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo