What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
e6b774aa163d567470510e8df117e640.jpg

Here you go... It's surprisingly difficult to get a decent picture of the roof. The whole truck is actually wrapped.

A hint for the roof... Pull all four corners tight (have a helper!) and lay the vinyl down... You can then work the vinyl between the humps in the roof, if that make sense.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Looks great, man. I woulda thought that was paint if you didnt say otherwise. Nice job.

I watched my buddy use the Vvivid Black on his mustang. He also used 3M Knifeless Tape which i thought was pretty cool. you lay down the tape and then you just pull the strong filament line in the tape up to cut a perfect angle through the vinyl/wrap. I have never wrapped anything before. I'm more of a paint guy :)

knifeless_tape_example.jpg

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, man. I woulda thought that was paint if you didnt say otherwise. Nice job.

I watched my buddy use the Vvivid Black on his mustang. He also used 3M Knifeless Tape which i thought was pretty cool. you lay down the tape and then you just pull the strong filament line in the tape up to cut a perfect angle through the vinyl/wrap. I have never wrapped anything before. I'm more of a paint guy :)

Thanks for the compliment.

I use the heck out of that tape when I wrap something... It's great stuff.

I have also painted several cars in my lifetime... And then sanded them back down and taken them someplace for paint. I just don't have the skills for painting.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
e6b774aa163d567470510e8df117e640.jpg

Here you go... It's surprisingly difficult to get a decent picture of the roof. The whole truck is actually wrapped.

A hint for the roof... Pull all four corners tight (have a helper!) and lay the vinyl down... You can then work the vinyl between the humps in the roof, if that make sense.

That's the pushbar I've been looking for.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I've wrapped several vehicles. I can tell you the first one didn't come out this good, lol. It just takes patience, practice, and lots of swearing.

I don't think I have that much patience. That looks great though.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That tape looks awesome!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To roofrack, or not roofrack....damn you @Fosscore , some of your earlier pics where its all clean make me want to not have any rack or running boards, they look so damn clean like this
@inmypassatlife

Thx man. I toyed with no rack on both trucks, but ultimately I liked the contrast. Never had boards, even though the holes are there. And thankfully the Suburban has the power running boards so instant win with them tucked away.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Went for a 600 mile run up north in a snow storm. I changed my tires to Bridgestone duller ats before I left. Thank god I did. 69BAB298-C500-4358-959D-8F38C5A6FFE5.jpegJust before I left. Looks calm but didn’t last long!5EA20691-073C-476F-B1D1-E7FC7EF5EE4B.jpeg-37 celcus so cold the fire didn’t want to stay lit ! CA23E49D-7C5D-4200-B8BE-EB568E8D10C5.jpeg Chilling over the frozen lakes edge D65796CF-4786-4C3F-AF3B-EA228A4412CF.jpeg beleave it or not there is 6 people under all this shit ! Definitely time for a suburban!!!

Truck ran like a champ. Took a tank up and a tank back mixed with 94 octane. It helped with the miliage and it worked. Although the farther north I went the colder it got and the mileage dropped to 12.5mpg. This morning when I left the truck barely turned over it was so cold. But she fired and all was good. I love the 4wheel drive ! It grabs like crazy and the new tire helps add to that also.

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who was it that painted the textured parts of the rear bumper and running boards?

@Bombsquad85

Not sure if you got this question answered. Best picture I could find at the moment. I gave them a good degrease and light sanding before hitting them with a couple coats of gloss black rattle can topped with a couple coats of clear and pushed them back on. Keeps the shine for a long time.

You know how to get them off right?

IMG_1212.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz