What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand that, but has anyone installed one here? Or a link to another forum? I've seen some installed on Google, but they are of those $1k+ grilles which is friggin stupid expensive

i have installed a couple inserts and my recent grille is an overlay. You can make an insert an overlay and you can make an overlay an insert if you want. An insert will come with brackets and instructions on how to mount it. But there are always different ways to do it. You really just need a dremel or a angle grinder or saw of some sorts to cut out your old grille plastic. Inserts sit deeper in the surround if you want that depth. Overlays won't be as recessed.

grille.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
How is the cutoff? Id do something like that if it doesnt blind people
Theres no cutoffs on our fogs, tahoe is the closest by design, but Denali fogs are blinding with hids. Then again you're only suppose to use them in fog and not against oncoming traffic.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
i have installed a couple inserts and my recent grille is an overlay. You can make an insert an overlay and you can make an overlay an insert if you want. An insert will come with brackets and instructions on how to mount it. But there are always different ways to do it. You really just need a dremel or a angle grinder or saw of some sorts to cut out your old grille plastic. Inserts sit deeper in the surround if you want that depth. Overlays won't be as recessed.

grille.jpg
I've installed a few different inserts/overlays on my tahoe over the past couple years. Each time I drilled out the mounting spots on the stock insert to remove it. If I sell the truck or grille I can jb weld the oem plastic inserts back in. I'm sure it's been done before by others but I've never seen it done till I did it.
So technically the tahoe oem grille is a 4 piece grille. Not sure how the Denali is mounted together tho.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres no cutoffs on our fogs, tahoe is the closest by design, but Denali fogs are blinding with hids. Then again you're only suppose to use them in fog and not against oncoming traffic.

I know that there is not a hard cutoff line like on projectors but there is still an aiming effect due to the reflectors that keeps the light from just flooding in all directions i assume.

Id like to do a projector retro and run hids in mine...

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited: