What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a post recently (yours? ) about renewing that trim and it came out great. I'm on the fence about vinyl wrapping those rear quarter windows... I keep forgetting to look over my shoulder and see if it would be an obstruction issue. The left passenger window is also scratched, unfortunately. I can only imagine the story those scratches tell.

Build thread... Yeah, I've been lazy. But I do need to do it!
Some drug dealer with his big-ass diamond rings struggling with the popo lol.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that's exactly why I'm changing. My office will be my garage, and I love it
theres kind of a negative stigma around trades and i dont understand it. people get to do what they like and make good money at it. my friend is gonna be a diesel mechanic and make 90k plus and like what he'll do. id rather like my job and my life than have some boring 9-5 and make a lot

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
theres kind of a negative stigma around trades and i dont understand it. people get to do what they like and make good money at it. my friend is gonna be a diesel mechanic and make 90k plus and like what he'll do. id rather like my job and my life than have some boring 9-5 and make a lot
People just don't know there's great money to be made in the trades. It's been taken out of the schools and they tell all the kids they need to go to college and end up with a huge debt when they could do a 4-year apprenticeship and get paid good money to learn a trade that they can end up earning 80-100k a year at with full benefits. Now we can't find enough people to build all the shit we have going up in my city (Portland Oregon) and the union halls are begging for journeymen. I'm glad to be a journeyman glazier, we do some of the most interesting stuff. I love doing curtainwall on towers for instance. That's the exterior glass and metal. Our company built all the panels for One World Trade Center in NYC and journeyman glaziers in NY installed it. Here's one my company is doing here in town. Just getting started.
23316509_1970310229899215_2347139417340518139_n.jpg

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People just don't know there's great money to be made in the trades. It's been taken out of the schools and they tell all the kids they need to go to college and end up with a huge debt when they could do a 4-year apprenticeship and get paid good money to learn a trade that they can end up earning 80-100k a year at with full benefits. Now we can't find enough people to build all the shit we have going up in my city (Portland Oregon) and the union halls are begging for journeymen. I'm glad to be a journeyman glazier, we do some of the most interesting stuff. I love doing curtainwall on towers for instance. That's the exterior glass and metal. Our company built all the panels for One World Trade Center in NYC and journeyman glaziers in NY installed it. Here's one my company is doing here in town. Just getting started.
23316509_1970310229899215_2347139417340518139_n.jpg
I'm on the train of thought that people can do both, a trade and formal education. I know, I've done both. Mobile electronics are easy peasy and I loved the field, but I can also mix it up with the best of them regarding public administration. I often think about law school, the debt sucks, but all of my lawyer friends make on average of $200+ an hour. It helps when you have a friend like Mikal Watts as well, he'd start me at $100k a year plus a decent percentage of his cases. Look him up, he is the man behind the Firestone tire, BP Oil spill, and now the GMO lawsuit where he represented 55k farmers. Great human being no matter what people think of lawyers.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Reverse the polarity and try it, that’s how I got mine to come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep reverse the polarity. I forgot when I swapped mine out last time. Seems wrong but it's so right.

Reversed the plug and BAM I have light. Thanks for the heads up. Like I said I ran them originally installed with the clips lined up for 2 years. Take them out for a month and put them back in and now it wants reverse polarity :shrug:
Whatev they workin and I'm happy all my lights match again :rockit:20171114_002226.jpg 20171118_011326.jpg

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been a proud union member for over 25 years (Uniformed Firefighters Association(retired) and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) both jobs pay very well (120-180k a year)...going through my union apprenticeship it requires 4 years of electrical theory classes and 4 years of college classes(2x a week)

My best advice to anyone in school who can't see themselves sitting in a cubicle shouting go team! all day from 9-5...consider taking up a trade, you work with great people(a few lunatics) and meet lots of other good guys from other trades...besides, we're all car guys here...working with your hands will only help when it comes to modding our rides :waytogo:

f6a35b17e9506e94751da4745f401f29--sheet-metal-trains.jpg

KReed450

Reaction score
I have been a proud union member for over 25 years (Uniformed Firefighters Association(retired) and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) both jobs pay very well (120-180k a year)...going through my union apprenticeship it requires 4 years of electrical theory classes and 4 years of college classes(2x a week)

My best advice to anyone in school who can't see themselves sitting in a cubicle shouting go team! all day from 9-5...consider taking up a trade, you work with great people(a few lunatics) and meet lots of other good guys from other trades...besides, we're all car guys here...working with your hands will only help when it comes to modding our rides :waytogo:

View attachment 186924

Amen to this, I'm in a local union and work in commercial HVAC for 7 years, right now I'm an unliscensed journeyman and make pretty good money. Working to get my license and get a nice bump in pay when I pass that test. It's true how you meet some extraordinary people and like you said you meet plenty of crazies as well. I wouldn't trade working where I do for an office job any day even if it were for more money. This world needs more people learning trades!

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Reversed the plug and BAM I have light. Thanks for the heads up. Like I said I ran them originally installed with the clips lined up for 2 years. Take them out for a month and put them back in and now it wants reverse polarity :shrug:
Whatev they workin and I'm happy all my lights match again :rockit:View attachment 186926 View attachment 186925
My OPT7 bullets were made backwards lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo