What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard success stories with those and no complaints im aware of. However id replace the rusty ass ucas. Would be easy to cut the bolts off.
I can move one of the camber bolts without loosening the nut but it will eventually go back to where it was. Would new UCAs and bolts fix that problem

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can move one of the camber bolts without loosening the nut but it will eventually go back to where it was. Would new UCAs and bolts fix that problem

You just need new bolts it sounds like. they are cheap.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's all I need then I'm buying them today

I have not seen it obviously and a mechanic could make that decision for you better then i.

Make sure the ball joint and uca bushings are in good shape. No sense paying labor to change the camber bolts now and replacing a uca in a couple months since youll have to do the exact same amount of work

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not seen it obviously and a mechanic could make that decision for you better then i.

Make sure the ball joint and uca bushings are in good shape. No sense paying labor to change the camber bolts now and replacing a uca in a couple months since youll have to do the exact same amount of work
I can replace it all myself because i am going to a trade school to be a diesel mechanic and I would be able to use the shop and have my instructor help me out. I might as well buy, UCAs with pre pressed bjs, new cam bolts, and bushings and do it all at once. Wouldn't hurt considering they are 15 years old with 247k miles on them

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can replace it all myself because i am going to a trade school to be a diesel mechanic and I would be able to use the shop and have my instructor help me out. I might as well buy, UCAs with pre pressed bjs, new cam bolts, and bushings and do it all at once. Wouldn't hurt considering they are 15 years old with 247k miles on them
They are massively overdue then! Yeah you can definitely do the job np.

I replaced mine in my driveway in about an hour (rust free tg) and im just a shadetree with cheapo tools.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only mine was rust free

Heat and penetrating lube plus impacts are your friend. You said you used a 650 rattle gun and couldnt get it off? Crazy, Id think youd twist bolt off with something that powerful lol. I have a 350 cordless 1/2 impact that has not let me down yet.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only mine was rust free

If your ucas are that old you should probably consider replacing a lot of stuff up there. Lca bushings and ball joints are cheap. Change em if youve got the shop and labor is free. Check sway bar links. Check your tie rods.

Luckily parts are cheap on these trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019