What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trans guy checked out the Hoe today. No hard codes stored. Drove around with the scanner hooked up and everything is good to go. Shifted great. Guess I'll see what happens.
Sounds like what that thread was talking about- it's probably just a hassle due to the stall and tune. You could always carry an OBD reader with you so you can clear the codes in case it puts you in limp mode like what was happening to those guys. Good luck. If I was you, I'd probably get an Autocal from BlackBear. The help they've given me has saved me tons of diagnostic money and headaches. I can datalog, send it in, and they tell me what's going on. I'd bet they could tell you what's happening with your trans and maybe fix it, turn on your efan, etc. Plus tunes for life.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Sounds like what that thread was talking about- it's probably just a hassle due to the stall and tune. You could always carry an OBD reader with you so you can clear the codes in case it puts you in limp mode like what was happening to those guys. Good luck. If I was you, I'd probably get an Autocal from BlackBear. The help they've given me has saved me tons of diagnostic money and headaches. I can datalog, send it in, and they tell me what's going on. I'd bet they could tell you what's happening with your trans and maybe fix it, turn on your efan, etc. Plus tunes for life.
I actually like that idea.

mmeachem

Reaction score
Over the last couple of weeks I’ve washed her down, removed faded door edge guard, new battery, new tray, washer pump and lines, leds inside, reverse pods, led tails.

Began wiring in come led cobs under the hood but they don’t turn off when I close the hood, any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually like that idea.
The autocal would make your problems ez to fix. Kill the code in the tune and u dont have to worry about it again I just ran my truck thru state inspections and no issues.

I've hit the tuning limits of Blackbear and efilive though and can't keep my converter locked with 0 throttle input so I may have it tuned with hptuners. I got some more changes to do first, but if I sell my autocal I'll let ya know..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over the last couple of weeks I’ve washed her down, removed faded door edge guard, new battery, new tray, washer pump and lines, leds inside, reverse pods, led tails.

Began wiring in come led cobs under the hood but they don’t turn off when I close the hood, any suggestions?

What are they wired to? I ran mine off my stock underhood light that has a built-in gravity switch. If you don't have one you can add it.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score

I used a negative cutoff switch. Works perfectly. Hood closed the negative separates from the body. Hood opens the spring pushed the negative against the body allowing the light to ground and turn on.
20171008_093430.jpg 20171008_093436.jpg

mmeachem

Reaction score
What are they wired to? I ran mine off my stock underhood light that has a built-in gravity switch. If you don't have one you can add it.
I used a negative cutoff switch. Works perfectly. Hood closed the negative separates from the body. Hood opens the spring pushed the negative against the body allowing the light to ground and turn on.
View attachment 184351 View attachment 184352
Yes I do have the underhood light from the factory and when I connected it to it, the light stayed on but I know see the gravity switch is after where I connected and I’m not sure how to connect to there.

The negative switch may be the way to go. Unless I can figure out how to connect to the factory switch

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I do have the underhood light from the factory and when I connected it to it, the light stayed on but I know see the gravity switch is after where I connected and I’m not sure how to connect to there.

The negative switch may be the way to go. Unless I can figure out how to connect to the factory switch

Just open up the switch and solder wires to the brass contacts at each end of the stock bulb. Right where the bulb connects. I thing you need to drill a hole for the wire to exit through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz