What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice leather seat mod!

Just kidding. IIRC the seat shop has the seat bottoms for $200ish. You probably want new foam too.
Try looking at Richmond Auto Upholstery https://leather-auto-seats.com/. If it's close to the same price, I'd buy from them. They just replaced my drivers side under warranty even though it's over 2 years old and the warranty was for one year. They also let me know that even though The Seat Shop says their covers are made in the USA, they actually import most of their stuff from China and elsewhere. They even buy some of their stuff from Richmond and re-sell it under their own name. Richmond is guaranteed USA-made and in-house. I tried sending messages to The Seat Shop and asking about whether they import and they won't answer me back.

KReed450

Reaction score
The mirrors are good to go. Watched a vid on YT on where to make my connections so I didn't have to run the wires to the engine compartment.

The turn signal indicators are pretty f'n bright. They will definitely get peoples attention at night!

I had to level them. I couldn't stand them being winged up. You can see the difference in the pics.

hh0z4pB.jpg

EfGkKu9.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with the tow mirrors. I can see my surroundings much better, even if I'm not towing anything. I think it gives the truck a tougher look too.

Those look good! Where did you order the mirrors from?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try looking at Richmond Auto Upholstery https://leather-auto-seats.com/. If it's close to the same price, I'd buy from them. They just replaced my drivers side under warranty even though it's over 2 years old and the warranty was for one year. They also let me know that even though The Seat Shop says their covers are made in the USA, they actually import most of their stuff from China and elsewhere. They even buy some of their stuff from Richmond and re-sell it under their own name. Richmond is guaranteed USA-made and in-house. I tried sending messages to The Seat Shop and asking about whether they import and they won't answer me back.

Oh thats right! Ive heard a lot of great things about them on here.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The problem is likely grease monkeys that use a rattle gun to reinstall the drain plug... this is why I change my own fluid!

You can just yank the trans cooler line and run the engine for a few seconds and the trans will pump most of the fluid out. Youll have to drop the pan anyways if you are changing the filter... I plan to install an external filter which filters far better then an internal and is as easy to change as an oil filter... no more pan drops for me.
Gotta post some pics of that mod! I like that idea.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about installing an external trans filter but no matter how many times people say you can get away with leaving the internal one in and just keep changing the external filter, I'd still feel like the internal one could get clogged and pump pressure would get low. I'd have to also install a pressure gauge and even then I wouldn't be comfortable not knowing if the internal one was dirty. Doesn't matter for me anyway since if I don't change the internal filter in my Performabuilt trans, the warranty is void.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I remember reading about installing an external trans filter but no matter how many times people say you can get away with leaving the internal one in and just keep changing the external filter, I'd still feel like the internal one could get clogged and pump pressure would get low. I'd have to also install a pressure gauge and even then I wouldn't be comfortable not knowing if the internal one was dirty. Doesn't matter for me anyway since if I don't change the internal filter in my Performabuilt trans, the warranty is void.

I'm intrigued and had never seen that thread before. Pressure gauge is not a bad idea. With a 10 micron filter there is no way the internal filter would ever get dirty. 10 microns is about the size of 50 human cells. That's awfully fine for an automotive application. I'd be more worried about the external bogging the works. Obviously, I'm your case, the trans warrantee is far more important. Do you need a professional service record to prove filter changes if it failed?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm intrigued and had never seen that thread before. Pressure gauge is not a bad idea. With a 10 micron filter there is no way the internal filter would ever get dirty. 10 microns is about the size of 50 human cells. That's awfully fine for an automotive application. I'd be more worried about the external bogging the works. Obviously, I'm your case, the trans warrantee is far more important. Do you need a professional service record to prove filter changes if it failed?
It doesn't say that in the warranty details, just that it needs to be changed after the first 2000 miles so any "break-in material" is removed. After that the warranty only goes to 2 years but they're in the business of building extreme high performance transmissions so they expect them to see extreme abuse. They do mention line pressure as being one of the main reasons for failure. They don't mention external filters so IDK; I'll just maintain mine the way they recommend. Pulling the pan isn't too hard.

yukonoffroad27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my 2001 Yuk I installed a set of Platinum Burners Series off-road lights and I removed the door trim/molding. Now I'm just trying to get all the sticky tape residue off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700