What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've talked about these a lot lately. Its really beneficial to have them in good shape. They are cheap, super easy to install, and help the ride immensely. Grab a pancake bump stop to bolt to the jounce pad opposite of them also as you are cranked IIRC.
This about covers all you need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a spectre knockoff from ebay. It was 35 with an eBay coupon. 4"

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/381890047277

What coupon? hmm.

Well I don't really want more noise, opening up the air box already made it a bit louder. Wonder if its good for any power or mpg increase. I hate that big old ugly factory intake with the silencers on it.

The wife is getting annoyed I keep buying stuff for the lade lol. She caught me installing backup lights last night after midnight whoops.

This ones even cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401296968258
All i would want is the tube like you've got, keep the factory air box.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
What coupon? hmm.

Well I don't really want more noise, opening up the air box already made it a bit louder. Wonder if its good for any power or mpg increase. I hate that big old ugly factory intake with the silencers on it.

The wife is getting annoyed I keep buying stuff for the lade lol. She caught me installing backup lights last night after midnight whoops.

This ones even cheaper.

It was a $10 PayPal coupon. It was the cheapest I could find at the time. I have a big cone filter and the "cold air" walls, didn't use them, just kinda man-handled that one on there.

I have no numerical proof, but it feels like it woke up a bit. Sound is only there at throttle, and you really gotta being going. No increase in noise otherwise. No idea on mileage, but since it essentially the same as an AirAid MIT, the gains should be the same as BB's testing.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure its a negligible to 5hp difference at best. I would like to get rid of that darn intake though. The major downside is the lack of 50 state legality. I wonder if I could sneak it past the smog shop if it were painted black. I had to call and request a 50 state sticker on my old truck with a k&n cai on it a few years back....

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I think I'm going to paint mine black, maybe that "crinkle" heat paint, so it looks more stock. Really, I didn't change the way the truck worked, just got rid of those silencers.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure its a negligible to 5hp difference at best. I would like to get rid of that darn intake though. The major downside is the lack of 50 state legality. I wonder if I could sneak it past the smog shop if it were painted black. I had to call and request a 50 state sticker on my old truck with a k&n cai on it a few years back....
Do you live in Cali?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What coupon? hmm.

This ones even cheaper.

I've got the Airaid intake tube on my truck it's more $ but a great setup, comes with the needed stickers, you can hear it under WOT it sounds very nice even with stock exhaust (for now lol)

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the inner & outer tie rod ends, idler arm & bracket, pitman arm, had the wheels balanced and rotated & aligned rides great now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz