What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
IMAG1775.jpg
definitely not a big deal, but (ignoring the failing lights in the cluster) I'm managing to get some pretty good numbers for gas mileage. It's not all highways where I am, but it's certainly not "city" driving, although I'm an 8-5-er so I'm always in the stop and go mess when on the road.

I originally took this to send to my dad, who owns an 01 Tahoe, because he likes mine so much better, lol!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 75581
definitely not a big deal, but (ignoring the failing lights in the cluster) I'm managing to get some pretty good numbers for gas mileage. It's not all highways where I am, but it's certainly not "city" driving, although I'm an 8-5-er so I'm always in the stop and go mess when on the road.

I originally took this to send to my dad, who owns an 01 Tahoe, because he likes mine so much better, lol!

Whoa. What mods?

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Whoa. What mods?
Really, not enough even to brag about.... but my MPG went WAAY up earlier this year when I was afraid I got some dirty gas, so I ran Lucas, Seafoam, and CevronTechron through every tank (*edit* not at the same time, I rotated them) for about 500 miles, and drove it like a scalded dog..... before I got smart, and changed my upstream o2 sensor, lol.

K&N Filter in stock airbox
Iridium ACDelco Spark
Magnecor Performance (8.5mm) wires
18" OEM Wheel (2015+) with Goodyear Wranglers
Bilstein 5100's

This tank is a bit less, I'm only averaging about 16.2. I also have the rear seat in (leave it in during the winter incase it snows). My dad says i get good gas mileage because I don't drive it hard, but I know how to make that thing get up, and I know exactly what it sounds like at 5800rpms, lol

Last edited:

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Really, not enough even to brag about.... but my MPG went WAAY up earlier this year when I was afraid I got some dirty gas, so I ran Lucas, Seafoam, and CevronTechron through every tank for about 500 miles, and drove it like a scalded dog..... before I got smart, and changed my upstream o2 sensor, lol.

K&N Filter in stock airbox
Iridium ACDelco Spark
Magnecor Performance (8.5mm) wires
18" OEM Wheel (2015+) with Goodyear Wranglers
Bilstein 5100's

This tank is a bit less, I'm only averaging about 16.2. I also have the rear seat in (leave it in during the winter incase it snows). My dad says i get good gas mileage because I don't drive it hard, but I know how to make that thing get up, and I know exactly what it sounds like at 5800rpms, lol

oh, and not a MOD per-se, but I run Mobil1 0w30 and this last time I bought the AcDelco filter thats oversize for our application. Seems to have gave me about 0.8mpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I ordered 50 lb/ hour fuel injectors to replace my stock 25 lb/ hour injectors 'cause I'm gonna need them for the Whipple I'm ordering tomorrow. Also while the intake is off, ordered knock sensors and harness, valley cover gasket, and oil pressure sending unit. :evil27:

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, and not a MOD per-se, but I run Mobil1 0w30 and this last time I bought the AcDelco filter thats oversize for our application. Seems to have gave me about 0.8mpg

Nothing crazy then. I ran synthetics and had an air filter, fresh plugs, no rack for awhile and was slightly lowered on 17's and averaged 12 mpg. Then again I had a 6.0 and AWD and was dragging around the XL body so more weight and drag.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Nothing crazy then. I ran synthetics and had an air filter, fresh plugs, no rack for awhile and was slightly lowered on 17's and averaged 12 mpg. Then again I had a 6.0 and AWD and was dragging around the XL body so more weight and drag.

Honestly, I'm not sure why my mileage is as good as it is. My dad's tahoe is 4 years older with an efan mod, mostly the same everything else (both 5.3) mines a z71 and his is an LT, and on the same roads he gets 12-13

So, I dunno. Good luck I guess.

dhulsey779

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2e17be1ca8cba41d519713376c0fbdd4.jpg
d79a4df900688cd7ef247063b3c3426a.jpg
test fitted the 22's I recently picked up, rubs just a little bit on full steering lock to lock. Hopefully can get them powder coating in the next couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never trust the DIC, it's usually off. Mine says I get way better mileage than I actually do. I do the old fashioned calculation, fill-up to fill-up with a calculator. It's never that good lol but I drive it hard.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I never trust the DIC, it's usually off. Mine says I get way better mileage than I actually do. I do the old fashioned calculation, fill-up to fill-up with a calculator. It's never that good lol but I drive it hard.

Yeah, it has a tendency to be off a bit sometimes, but I did double check on that last go around.. I put right at 21 gallons in it, and had went 340mi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16