What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
autvivid 2 Pcs C6 9006 LED COB Headlight Conversion Kit Replacement Halogen & HID Bulbs 60W/Set 6000LM/Set 6000K91IpppGPMsL._SL1500_.jpgand
Racbox 9005 HB3 Headlight Bulb LED Conversion Kit All-in-One 66W 7000LM Work Light Offroad Headlight Cool White LED Light Bulbs Set of 2 71130mj392L._SL1000_.jpghad to reverse connection on these.............will post an in cab tomorrow....
Has anybody tried using headlight style bulbs as reverse lights ?

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How'd you mount the one in your grille, looks good.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut out the bottom row of the center, and shortened the brackets for mounting. cut about 3/4" off the top of them, and redrilled new holes.

Light bar.jpg

Light bar mounting.jpg

I did it originally on my Suburban, again, all I did was cut out the insert below the bowtie. Couldn't fit it in behind the grille like I originally wanted, the transmission and oil coolers didn't give me enough room.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights look great, however...that white stuff is heading my wayo_O

Yeah, I'm almost dead center in NY, about 40 miles Northeast of Syracuse. We are about 6 miles north of the Thruway, which is pretty much a corridor for the winds. North of us 10+ miles, there is the Tug Hill plateau, they get hammered with lake effect coming off Lake Ontario. They got over 40" of snow over the weekend, while we had nada. When storms come up from the south, they usually stall when they hit the Thruway - Cortland and Syracuse might get 15-18", we might only see 4-6".

Those pics were taken last night, on my way to Marcy (just outside of Utica) to pick my daughter up at 8:45.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, one day soon, I want to tear into this thread, and pull some of the information that we've deposited in here, so we can put it in easier to find places, lol

There is a lot of wisdom in this thread!

I've only been active the last few months, and kept seeing important tips and simple mods flying by. I started bookmarking specific posts and organizing them in my Chrome bookmark manager. It was the only way I could think to find my way back to any post I remembered reading.

I can only imagine what knowledge is buried in the 12,000+ posts that were in this thread before I joined.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've only been active the last few months, and kept seeing important tips and simple mods flying by. I started bookmarking specific posts and organizing them in my Chrome bookmark manager. It was the only way I could think to find my way back to any post I remembered reading.

I can only imagine what knowledge is buried in the 1200+ posts that were in this thread before I joined.
A lot of great info and advice on here.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score

I can only imagine what knowledge is buried in the 12,000+ posts that were in this thread before I joined.

Yeah, I keep sending emails of links to myself, but that doesn't help new members or people that come upon us just with a google search, Which is how I found TYF in 2014 when I bought the truck

A lot of great info and advice on here.

yeah, real world experience, not sterile shop how-to's. I'd really like to get lists of things that we've used, or rating for parts and such out of this thread so to speak and into their own things.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...but that doesn't help new members or people that come upon us just with a google search... I'd really like to get lists of things that we've used, or rating for parts and such out of this thread so to speak and into their own things.

Agreed, but it would be a major undertaking both in initial execution and in maintenance. I can't think of a simple way to do it within the forum structure, and almost think a wiki that linked back to specific posts or whole threads may be the best approach, and could be cooperatively built over time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cateyeburb