What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I`m happy you were bidding it up or steve would have gotten nothing for them. My maximum bid was $750 and i thought that bid would be too low.

Don't tell me how much I left on the table!!

I bought a set of 22" takeoffs from an escalade for $900 with brand new tires a few weeks ago. Since my truck needed new tires the wheels were basically free even before selling my old ones!

I'm glad the went to such a nice guy on the forum.

Also glad the didn't go for too much less :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy shit have you guys ever seen an LED cluster bulb catch on fire?
I fired it up and was just about to leave work when I seen smoke coming from the dash and as anyone would I freaked out, shut the car off and ran back inside to grab some tools... Got the cluster out in about 20 seconds!

I drove home in the dark without a cluster which is weird as hell and this is what I discovered when I pulled it all apart.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The LED was soldered in correctly with the proper polarity otherwise it wouldn't have worked before this happened.
It destroyed the circuit for the left side lighting however it didn't do any major damage and I will add an LED strip or something to get lighting back.

I sent the Ebay seller pictures and details but I highly doubt he will take blame because it's way to easy to blame the installer with this kind of shit.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/121351537806

Good times!!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy shit have you guys ever seen an LED cluster bulb catch on fire?
I fired it up and was just about to leave work when I seen smoke coming from the dash and as anyone would I freaked out, shut the car off and ran back inside to grab some tools... Got the cluster out in about 20 seconds!

I drove home in the dark without a cluster which is weird as hell and this is what I discovered when I pulled it all apart.
View attachment 66973
View attachment 66972
View attachment 66974
View attachment 66975

The LED was soldered in correctly with the proper polarity otherwise it wouldn't have worked before this happened.
It destroyed the circuit for the left side lighting however it didn't do any major damage and I will add an LED strip or something to get lighting back.

I sent the Ebay seller pictures and details but I highly doubt he will take blame because it's way to easy to blame the installer with this kind of shit.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/121351537806

Good times!!!
Damn! Glad you got it out fast.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A day after having my transmission line come off on the freeway, my rear brakes went metal to metal so last night I replaced the pads.

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A day after having my transmission line come off on the freeway, my rear brakes went metal to metal so last night I replaced the pads.

Damn man I'm not going to complain about my issues, I would have had a heart attack if my lines would have come off and destroyed half of the vinyl on truck.
Trans fluid would stain the shit out of it!
Glad you got it all fixed with no other issues.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn man I'm not going to complain about my issues, I would have had a heart attack if my lines would have come off and destroyed half of the vinyl on truck.
Trans fluid would stain the shit out of it!
Glad you got it all fixed with no other issues.
It cleaned up good. I replaced the line and it was a cheap fix, less than $50. Just glad I didn't hurt the tranny.

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda nbs related...

My dads obs Yukon got a huge nail in the tire and it wasn't fixable, so I gave him my old Denali 17's. Looks much better on his rig than mine.
cb2f27b2810659a5edc767fe57f32c4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny