What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That has to be it. Now that I think about it, I know the last 2 times it's happened it's been less than 1/4 tank. And for every single time it gets towed to fire up after that, it's not a coincidence. Would that throw a code though?

Sorry, not sure in regards to the code.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That has to be it. Now that I think about it, I know the last 2 times it's happened it's been less than 1/4 tank. And for every single time it gets towed to fire up after that, it's not a coincidence. Would that throw a code though?

No, unfortunately a fuel pump going out/bad doesn't throw any codes.

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, unfortunately a fuel pump going out/bad doesn't throw any codes.

That's actually good news. I'm looking for anything that would cause it to not start and not throw a code. Ruled out the crank position sensor, looks like fuel pump is next.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they arent too hard to do. get a friend or a 2x4 on a jack and drop the tank when fuel level is low. remove old pump, install new. go ahead and get a new lock ring too. they either get destroyed removing them or just pretty ugly from rust.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine either :okay2: I allot an hour and you might as well assume it'll be 4 hours LOL

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im trying to give the guy some confidence here...but yah...never goes as planned. actually took me 2 days since i didnt have a new retainer ring and the pump lines were being a real ******.

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a shop to pull the heads, he removed the valve covers and told me he couldn't find a castech emblem. Got a call this morning from him saying he pulled the rocker arms and found it, castech 706! So I went up there started looking for cracks after he removed both heads, nothing..I left, came back later with the oldman to pick up a sand blaster I got from him, took dad inside with me to show him the mess, i grabbed a flashlight, this time I looked at a different angle, and there is was a CLOSED crack about an inch long, very hard to see, also had a black spot on the end were the steam burned the oil to the head. We did a pressure test yesterday and it was holding at 12 psi cold, he didnt want to run the tahoe with the valve cover off. So the crack has ben opening when it warms up, once i get the heads to the house i'll get a good picture of it for the ones who have been having the same trouble, I ordered a set of 862 heads this time and GM OE gasket set and bolt, hoping to have it back up and running by mid next week.

Attachments

• 20150210_095659.jpg
    20150210_095659.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20150209_114019.jpg
    20150209_114019.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 15