What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Aren't the ppv wheels the base model steelies painted black instead of silver? Any other thing different than that.

They're powdercoated from the factory. They came in 16" 5 stars and 17" 8 holes.

The caps are very hard to find from what I've seen there not cheap either the caps on the ppv ones are bolted on with three bolts for each one and are completely different than the regular center caps.

I got lucky and found some local. Only bad thing is they were the 16" ones and I still had to trade my 22's to get them. Luckily I have a set of 17" non PPV 8 holes in the garage so I'll just drill holes in them and powdercoat those.

Just FYI the caps alone are $100 each online. I sold the 16" PPV wheels for $150 with crap tires and $40 chrome eBay caps I had laying around.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

I like it! What lugs came with yours? I'm having issues with mine because 2 were missing.

HoweMan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This should be titled "what dumb thing did You do to your truck today?" Last weekend was a nice day so I thought I'd take the wiper cowl off and clean underneath, on the windshield etc. it was a little windy and the leaves were flyin everywhere (in the 603, NH). Cleaned her up and put everything back together The next mornin was chilly so had to blast the heat, a God awful whine started coming from the dash. Just pulled the blower fan out - FULL of leaves! One step forward, two steps back. BTW thank god for 1aauto.com, they've taught how to do a lot of things to the truck.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're powdercoated from the factory. They came in 16" 5 stars and 17" 8 holes.

I got lucky and found some local. Only bad thing is they were the 16" ones and I still had to trade my 22's to get them. Luckily I have a set of 17" non PPV 8 holes in the garage so I'll just drill holes in them and powdercoat those.

Just FYI the caps alone are $100 each online. I sold the 16" PPV wheels for $150 with crap tires and $40 chrome eBay caps I had laying around.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

I like it! What lugs came with yours? I'm having issues with mine because 2 were missing.

I haven't seen any ppv caps for sale. I'm using the stock lug nuts with the threads on mine. I like the look it changed it big time everything flows good together.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a third tow seat from salvage yard. My Yukon XL didn't come with one when I bought it. Not sure what the PO did with it... :shrug:

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got a lead on a HD hood, should be trading my cowl induction hood for it in the morning!
20141019_134947.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msheaner

Latest posts