What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol..! Well, since I only used it in the wheel wells, there was very minimal overspray on the paint. I just touched it up after spraying, with some Meguiars quick detailer and a clean microfiber.

ETA: However, it should be applied in the street, certainly not the garage. Rookie move on my part..! I had to clean up the floor..!
Didn’t like a shiny floor?:)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
It only happens on some of the trucks, and once they were made aware they offered a solution which is now included with the kit.
I guess i was the guinea pig i did it in 2017 and i made them well aware of it right away.Installed all lines got to the last one with the spare down and the fitting doesnt fit,i was pissed.

Goodridge brake lines 030.JPG Goodridge brake lines 032.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess i was the guinea pig i did it in 2017 and i made them well aware of it right away.Installed all lines got to the last one with the spare down and the fitting doesnt fit,i was pissed.

View attachment 278431 View attachment 278432
Yep, that would have pissed me off too. You might be the reason I never tried installing mine, all I know is I heard some of them fit and some didn’t and I didn’t want to take the chance so I put it in a drawer in my toolbox until I got it figured out. That was a long time ago. Now they’re finally sending me the spacer so one day I’ll finish the job.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a spare denali grill since the paint on mine has taken a beating these last couple years.

Gonna try to peel the chrome off it so that the paint sticks better.

@Rocket Man is my memory wrong or were you the one that peeled the chrome off before painting?

If so is there an easier way than a razor and a butt ton of time lol

20210505_135119.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a spare denali grill since the paint on mine has taken a beating these last couple years.

Gonna try to peel the chrome off it so that the paint sticks better.

@Rocket Man is my memory wrong or were you the one that peeled the chrome off before painting?

If so is there an easier way than a razor and a butt ton of time lol

View attachment 278466
I tried and ended up ruining a grill so I bought an aftermarket one and my buddy who owns a body shop sanded the shit out of it, used an etching primer, and painted/ cleared it. I don’t think there’s any way other than tanking it in muriatic acid for a week. I didn’t want to invest in building a tank big enough for that thing and buying enough acid to cover it. I know I put a lot of time into trying everything else. I called places that strip chrome but they all said no way to strip it from plastic. Sorry for the bad news.:(

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried and ended up ruining a grill so I bought an aftermarket one and my buddy who owns a body shop sanded the shit out of it, used an etching primer, and painted/ cleared it. I don’t think there’s any way other than tanking it in muriatic acid for a week. I didn’t want to invest in building a tank big enough for that thing and buying enough acid to cover it. I know I put a lot of time into trying everything else. I called places that strip chrome but they all said no way to strip it from plastic. Sorry for the bad news.:(

It's all good. I think I lucked out. I got the chrome off of the main section. Now I just have the wings left. I'm not even going to attempt the center lol. I'm just gonna do what I did last time and plastidip the center.

Ignore the mess in the background my garage is a work in progress...

16202486109605343684764486761739.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all good. I think I lucked out. I got the chrome off of the main section. Now I just have the wings left. I'm not even going to attempt the center lol. I'm just gonna do what I did last time and plastidip the center.

Ignore the mess in the background my garage is a work in progress...

View attachment 278503
not sure if this would work but easy off oven cleaning does amazing things, haven't tried it on any plastic chrome before but we used to use it to take paint off of aluminum/alloy, heard some people use it to counterfeit money as well by soaking lower denomination bills and then reprinting them in larger notes, it then passes the pen test and a quick glance it passes the strip test, lol not that I have ever done that :eek: just word of mouth.....:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz