What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotto0609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking ar a 2001 2500 suburban with the 8.1 engine. About 140k on it with a little bubbling on pax rear quarter. Everything else looks k from photos. Anything I should be looking for in particular. Any estimates of what it’s worth? What’s the ride like in a 2500? Thank you Scott

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno man, I’m really close to Boulder.. they’re required to drive either a Subaru, or Audi. (A few Range Rovers too..) [emoji23]
Depends on the model of Subi. They’re about the only car manufacturer who has ad campaigns directed towards ********, for example (and 4 other “core” groups). Betcha didn’t know that huh? And it’s well-known Portland is a haven for them. Read this, it’s true:
https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...-came-to-be-seen-as-cars-for-********/488042/

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on the model of Subi. They’re about the only car manufacturer who has ad campaigns directed towards ********, for example (and 4 other “core” groups). Betcha didn’t know that huh? And it’s well-known Portland is a haven for them. Read this, it’s true:
https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...-came-to-be-seen-as-cars-for-********/488042/
Oh yeah, of course man. But that’s not limited to Portland! It’s just one of the hubs for such things! [emoji882]

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ordered a new left side valve cover and gaskets for the 05, leaking a little bit and has the typical oil consumption although not too bad I think it used about 3/4 of a quart between oil changes, most of that probably leaked out getting a little smoke off of the manifold making a stinky.
therock.JPG

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
monday the hoe started to act up some on me. throttle was cutting out and shifting a bit off. ive had a cel on for a evap solenoid ive just not ordered till now, so i scan and find a p0102, no bad fuses so i bought a new delphi maf. pic here is the old one, inside the new one the bars are all silver and shining, old one looks trashed.

took a drive around to make sure the code didnt come right back like it had been, all seems good, mpg might have went up a bit too.

short story on the this maf, i stole the hoes maf and put it on my regal, bought a cheap 50 dollar maf and tossed it on the hoe, lasted 3 years.

evap part should be here soon. if that dont fix it. well delete delete delete all them evap codes and never give a crap about it again.

20210219_150717.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
monday the hoe started to act up some on me. throttle was cutting out and shifting a bit off. ive had a cel on for a evap solenoid ive just not ordered till now, so i scan and find a p0102, no bad fuses so i bought a new delphi maf. pic here is the old one, inside the new one the bars are all silver and shining, old one looks trashed.

took a drive around to make sure the code didnt come right back like it had been, all seems good, mpg might have went up a bit too.

short story on the this maf, i stole the hoes maf and put it on my regal, bought a cheap 50 dollar maf and tossed it on the hoe, lasted 3 years.

evap part should be here soon. if that dont fix it. well delete delete delete all them evap codes and never give a crap about it again.

View attachment 271306
Sounds like a plan!
ordered a new left side valve cover and gaskets for the 05, leaking a little bit and has the typical oil consumption although not too bad I think it used about 3/4 of a quart between oil changes, most of that probably leaked out getting a little smoke off of the manifold making a stinky.
View attachment 271305
Just curious Wes--why'd you buy a new vc? Figured you might as well?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan!

ya not sure if it has the updated cover or not and don't really feel like cleaning it and I don't have a parts washer and she drives it everyday, easier to just buy the latest one and be done with it. I have a catch can I can put on it also if need be.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan!

also she came in this morning told me it wouldn't autostart and it would just start and then shut off and the abs light was on, I went out and scanned it and the scanner wouldn't communicate and found the cluster was pretty much dead except rpm's, pulled the battery cables off and found just the tiniest bit of crud on the positive terminal, cleaned both terminals with a flat head screw driver and put them back on and everything is back to normal :shrug:. then she said something stinks and I caught a wiff of burning oil, I knew the covers were leaking but not as much as they are now, the left one is the worse of the two. easy stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jethro779