What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
is more supply/demand. people use more fuel over summer, so they jack the price up to keep you from buying gas, winter the price drops cause theres less demand.

driving a sc car for the last 9 years, i cant tell if theres a difference or not in the blends, ( i cant tell you all 93 is not equal) i buy from one place only unless im way out of town.

funny how the same tune but gas from a different place can cause new found kr, go back to the good place and the kr goes away. things that make you say hhmmmm.

ive yet to try 87 in the regal. being i got meth injection now, im my mind im thinking the meth will make up for the 6 points lower octane. im just chicken still. ive chipped up one piston already, dont want another engine swap.

this will ruin your week.
View attachment 206385

took the head with it. exhaust valve was passing air like it was open.

View attachment 206386

for those who never chipped a piston before, this was wot top of second into third in the shift it started to make this pinging / crunching sounds for about 15 seconds, even after i let off cause im like thats not sounding good.

1/2 mile later the cel went off for a misfire but i already knew i smashed the spark plug.
I don't have the pics anymore, but I took out a huge chunk of piston in my GN. Thought it was a crack until I pulled the rings out and a HUGE chunk of piston just fell on the bench. Didn't score the cylinder wall but there were some small detonation marks. Luckily I was able to clean it up some. I'm already .030.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the pics anymore, but I took out a huge chunk of piston in my GN. Thought it was a crack until I pulled the rings out and a HUGE chunk of piston just fell on the bench. Didn't score the cylinder wall but there were some small detonation marks. Luckily I was able to clean it up some. I'm already .030.

.30 over already, not much room left if any lol you got lucky there.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blew a hole clean through number six in my 79 Monte Carlo with its lil 231 V6

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
every time something has blown up on me i was beating the living snot out of it.

all but two trannys in the regal. both took uneventful ***** on me. first one lost 3 rd gear, it was just gone one day. second, a used tranny after 3 passes at E town one night, it started to run hot, like 220 on a short trip, soon after that it just locked up on me as i slowed to pull in the driveway. when in park the tc was pulling the idle down so low it was ready to stall out. tc and the diff exploded i think. had chunks in the pan too.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
switched to the z71 valance foglight housings and LEDs

Spark plugs last month

View attachment 205614 View attachment 205616
I just bought some of the Hella 100w halogen bulbs for mine and some of the 80 watt bulbs as well I put the 80 watts in the running lights and a 100 watts in the brights. All of the reviews were saying how bright they were in blah blah blah so I ordered them thinking they didn't sound too bad but was I wrong I peeled them back out this morning before work and I already returned them. Complete ************* could barely see them I think the stock ones that came in the truck probably were brighter than these. I swear you can not trust the reviews on shit anymore. It's so gd annoying!

20180830_223351.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe