What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The combination of bad cv angles and 12 year old parts caught up to me. Had to get new ball joints after one bust openIMG_20171031_163203895_preview.jpg

Norbecke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wasn't all today, but i changed out the lift gate and hatch glass struts. My god they are hard to close now lol. At least they borh stay open and don't hit my head. I also changed the oil.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Wasn't all today, but i changed out the lift gate and hatch glass struts. My god they are hard to close now lol. At least they borh stay open and don't hit my head. I also changed the oil.
I remember when I changed out the struts on mine. I was use to lifting the heavy hatch without the help of the struts that once I got them replaced I was flinging that hatch open, felt like super man lol

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember when I changed out the struts on mine. I was use to lifting the heavy hatch without the help of the struts that once I got them replaced I was flinging that hatch open, felt like super man lol

I know exactly what you mean. I just replaced the struts on my lift gate almost a year ago and it felt so damn light afterwards. Now the struts on my glass are going out, go figure. But in the 12 years I have owned my truck now, I have NEVER replaced the lift struts on the rear glass, and I have replaced the lift gate struts twice now.
Another thing, I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not, but when the lift struts are going bad they don't lift at ALL in cooler or cold weather. This time of year it's cool one day and warm or even hot the next. I have noticed that on cooler days the struts would not hold up my lift gate at all, it would actually fall on my head. But then when it warms up, the struts would actually hold the gate up. Not very strong, but just barely strong enough to hold the gate up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuzzycraig