What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No pictures buy I ended up buying a magnaflow exhaust off eBay (one I posted a few weeks ago) and over all not bad the tail pipe was angled a little low so I ended up weldibg a factory hanger to the tailpipe to get it a little higher. Sounds good and fixes my problem. Ibalso changed rear brakes because right rear caliper froze. Front the rods as well. And of course right when I was done with all that my right rear window decided to die in the down position.... Just tried a new window motor and nope I need the entire regulator so I'll be ordering a new one of those.

Does anyone have recommendations for driver seat replacement leather seat bottom that won't break the bank. As well as replacement side mirrors that have the puddle lights

Thanks in advance

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_0678.JPG
No pictures buy I ended up buying a magnaflow exhaust off eBay (one I posted a few weeks ago) and over all not bad the tail pipe was angled a little low so I ended up weldibg a factory hanger to the tailpipe to get it a little higher. Sounds good and fixes my problem. Ibalso changed rear brakes because right rear caliper froze. Front the rods as well. And of course right when I was done with all that my right rear window decided to die in the down position.... Just tried a new window motor and nope I need the entire regulator so I'll be ordering a new one of those.

Does anyone have recommendations for driver seat replacement leather seat bottom that won't break the bank. As well as replacement side mirrors that have the puddle lights

Thanks in advance
Highly recommend TheSeatShop.com replacement leather. I just did mine.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, replacement shocks are MonoMAX for a 2-5" lift. Mine isn't leveled, I have Z71 springs and 2" spacers, rear fender heights are 40 1/4", while the fronts are at 39 1/2" (have 285/75/16's for tires). I don't know how some guys are getting 41" or more on the fronts, my UCA's would almost be riding on the limit steps, if I still had them - mine would bang when when going into full droop (or lack thereof) when I would go off-road. Conceivably, I could crank my keys more, max out the passenger side and get another inch plus, and match the passenger side..... but my wallet would be empty all the time, I'd be going through front end parts at least every six months.

Right on. See that was my concern, also, altering those stock steering & axle geometrics. Then, I saw where the jounce bump stops are supposed to be in contact with lower CA so that's when I began finagling the adj bolts. See I just wanted to fit the tires that I had & improve the look, not necessarily get a bunch of height out of the deal. And then like you said about the UCA bottoming out on that frame piece or whatever... Just seems like a bad idea doing anymore than 2" without a kit or addressing all of the other components. But anyway you know what you are doing I just noticed hella lift there & wondered what you had going on. Stay cool

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance
I used Richmond Auto Upholstery https://leather-auto-seats.com/ and have just received the best customer service from any company I've ever dealt with. I bought the front bottoms in January 2015 and recently the driver side developed a weird wear area and they sent me a replacement as well as some jute to help the worn padding, free of charge even though the warranty was up over 2 years ago. I've never had better service and their covers are top quality too.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 03 doesn't have it.

Have you guys put the filters in then? The truck that I just bought had all kinds of $hit coming through the HVAC; I had to use a paint brush to knock all of the dirt & crud gathering on the outlet vents and it smelled like straight dirt when I turned the AC on so I had to do something. There was so much dust that came out of the box when I cut the opening out at the coil. Ridiculous not having a filter there. They say mold grows on that thing so then you have it blowing right on your FACE, basically trapped in the truck cabin. Sick...

BTW pricing for the marketed retro fit kits online is outrageous, to the say the least. Around $70 for a flat piece of plastic & a couple filters. I couldn't believe it.
I had the idea to go grab a trap door from a junkyard truck but the hole I made was pretty spectacular. I just made a door at work out of 20 GA steel & attached some strips of adhesive-backed foam. After you put the stock cover back on, no one is none the wiser.

Last edited:

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are write-up on the retrofit however alot of the NBS came with the filters. I'm not sure what year they quit putting them in but my 02 has them.

Ya. MY2003+ requires mod. Most manufacturers list a cabin filter part# for '03 and every year after but retailers don't actually stock them. I had to buy the 2002 part#

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401