What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go with the Crown lowering kit and either 4600 or Belltech shocks just a 2/3 drop the Belltech drops it a lot more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought you were going spindles?

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Crown has a kit with spindles

Excellent![emoji106] I wasn't sure, i have seen some other spindles on eBay for like $175, the belltechs are like almost $300 alone so that makes the whole kit way more, therefore why i haven't put a 2/3 on my nnbs yukon. Lol

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent![emoji106] I wasn't sure, i have seen some other spindles on eBay for like $175, the belltechs are like almost $300 alone so that makes the whole kit way more, therefore why i haven't put a 2/3 on my nnbs yukon. Lol

The Belltech kit was $635 and that's through Tony then you'll need shocks the Crown kit is $391 and change a few people on here run the Crown kit with keys so I'm willing to give there spindle kit a shot

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask the same thing!
5100s are Digressive. So stiffer valving for street driving and softer when they are worked harder. Helps to control lifted vehicles on thw street better. Can be used for stock height ...

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the 4600 is there a maximum height it can be dropped?

4600s with shock relocators in the rear is perfect for a 3" rear drop. If you were trying to go 5 or more you would need a short body shock like the belltechs plus the shocl relocators. Belltech shocks are twin tubes which are generally inferior to a monotube design which is what bilsteins (and all other high performance shocks) are.

Make sure to do the free travel mod.

https://www.kyb.com/knowledge-center/shock-tech-for-pros/monotube-vs-twintube/

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never tried Belltech but I can say the 4600's I just installed on the front are some great shocks. Highly recommended.

I'm sure that depends on how you drop it and whether you're talking front or rear. Drop spindles maintain suspension geometry so nothing changes. And I suspect that using keys to drop more than an inch causes the shocks (stock or 4600's) to be compressed further than normal so that's probably one of the reasons ride quality suffers. But I just installed 4600's in the front and they were the same length as the Arnott's I replaced which were supposed to be stock length. Rears need shock extenders when you use shorter springs so the geometry doesn't change, but the extenders only come in one size so that's a good question there. But 4600's are supposed to be stock length shocks I believe.

Actually in the front excessively decranking causes ride problems because the jounce stop is overcompressed and you have no uptravel. The shocks wont bottom out unless you remove the jounce stop and then youd hear some nice metal on metal sounds.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you please explain the difference between progressive and linear, concerning shocks. Thx. I have kybs on my 03 dropped How, what would work best for my setup?

Linear and Digressive DesignsThere are two basic piston designs. One is the Linear piston which has a high flow rate at low shaft speeds and hence little resistance, and increases resistance as the shaft speed increases. The rate of the shock continues to increase as long as the speed increases.

The other design, using a Digressive piston design, has a low flow rate at low shaft speeds which provides a lot of resistance and control, and then the resistance rate increases with increased shaft speeds to a pre-determined level and then tapers off. As the shaft speed continues to increase, the resistance stays uniform above a certain shaft speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401