What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is everyone running for the resistors for front autoride shocks? I want to put on some bilsteins these 150k mile oems can't be good anymore. (My front shocks are original rears have been replaced)

Ive done the turn the whole system off thing before but i want to keep the rear shocks functioning.

Interested in this too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RAaaaHhhhhhhhh
Have literally been waiting all week to install some new junk on my truck and replace some other things but the a$$hole P/O has wheel locks on the front 2 tires & no F'n key for it!! How did I not notice this?? I went around & loosened every lug nut, re-torqued to spec so I know that I could break them loose on the roadside & I missed the wheel locks? Or forgot about it?! IDK but I'm dumber than the last person, obviously. Now what? A whole new project?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
RAaaaHhhhhhhhh
Have literally been waiting all week to install some new junk on my truck and replace some other things but the a$$hole P/O has wheel locks on the front 2 tires & no F'n key for it!! How did I not notice this?? I went around & loosened every lug nut, re-torqued to spec so I know that I could break them loose on the roadside & I missed the wheel locks? Or forgot about it?! IDK but I'm dumber than the last person, obviously. Now what? A whole new project?
You might have to sacrifice an impact socket or two to get them off.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tighten the balls off the reg lugs, without breaking them, then start working at the locks with whatever you got to work with.. hopefully the PO put them on last (after all the other lugs are on and torqued, like you're supposed to) and didnt torque the **** out of the locks...good luck.... did you search the truck for the key.... where the jack is or jack tools, glove comp, console, under seats etc..... i used to keep mine with the jack...

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been through every nook & cranny in that truck. Obviously, finding the key is the single best way to remove the locks. I already dug through the tire remov' tools cubby looking to see what was present/MIA/check the spare tire & ratchet system.

The other 2 wheel locks of the set weren't even on the back tires because they had been replaced, while the front tires had not. My local stores don't carry anything that will help me.

Is it true that if I buy another set of wheel locks (which I have to do anyway) the key included will in no way fit the old locks still on my truck, even if it's identical make/model?? None of the stores even carried the same model of Dorman wheel locks on my truck. They have the same make/model, wrong size. Every size EXCEPT a GM 14x-1.5. How in the hell is that even possible. 1 store had a Dorman 14x2.0, same make/model & appeared to have the same lock & key pattern. It looked to me like it would fit but the store clerk thought I was an idiot for trying to buy the wrong size. PLUS.. all 3 kits they had on the shelf in 14x2.0 were taped closed, so there's no way I could return any 1 of them if the key didn't work; BULL$HiT!!!

What's the proposal for modifying 1 of my sockets? Grind it out to fit the pattern on the old locks? There's no way... the lug openings on my wheels are a closed design & super deep. The locks themselves are smooth @ the top 1.5" with the keyways design at the very bottom 1/2", so none of the wheel lock removers I found where not only too short, but also too large in diameter to fit in the lug hole. It's a screwed up deal; only a tire shop will have the tools to extract those things & even then I doubt 100% of them will have what is actually required. I don't want some bird brain tire tech using the wrong $hit & completely FUBAR the things. I will have to order a few dif items online if I'm to remove the locks myself, which is ideal.

IMG_2477.JPG IMG_2478.JPG IMG_2479.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz