What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to replace the passenger's side headlight from when a towtruck driver "forgot" to chain down my ass end on a flatbed, and it slid forward when he went to stop. Grille cracked, and the headlight assembly broke. The owner of the garage was cool, got me a like-new assembly, a new grille shell, and a replacement set of 9006 LED headlights.

While I was swapping parts, I remembered that someone on here had disassembled their headlights, and popped the amber marker out. Since there isn't a light assembly behind it, I figured "why not?"...

View attachment 81776 View attachment 81777

Now I've got to look for the lower light assembly in an all-clear version, will find amber LED's to fit in them.... might even use some of the 18mm Blue LED's I have, put one in each corner where the amber lenses were.

EDIT:

thinking about clear lights, got searching E-bay - which do you guys think would look better?

Black housing/smoked lens?

View attachment 81778

Or black housing/ clear glass?View attachment 81779

Or Chrome/ clear glass?

View attachment 81780

And plan on adding the red/clear taillights:http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-06-Chevy...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Black housing clear lens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Had to replace the passenger's side headlight from when a towtruck driver "forgot" to chain down my ass end on a flatbed, and it slid forward when he went to stop. Grille cracked, and the headlight assembly broke. The owner of the garage was cool, got me a like-new assembly, a new grille shell, and a replacement set of 9006 LED headlights.

While I was swapping parts, I remembered that someone on here had disassembled their headlights, and popped the amber marker out. Since there isn't a light assembly behind it, I figured "why not?"...

View attachment 81776 View attachment 81777

Now I've got to look for the lower light assembly in an all-clear version, will find amber LED's to fit in them.... might even use some of the 18mm Blue LED's I have, put one in each corner where the amber lenses were.

EDIT:

thinking about clear lights, got searching E-bay - which do you guys think would look better?

Black housing/smoked lens?

View attachment 81778

Or black housing/ clear glass?View attachment 81779

Or Chrome/ clear glass?

View attachment 81780

And plan on adding the red/clear taillights:http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-06-Chevy-GMC-Suburban-Yukon-XL-Red-Clear-Tail-Lights-Rear-Lamps/121487271631?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
Personally, I like the black housings. IMAG0755.jpgHere's mine.
IMAG1725.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See I haven't got a clue what all needs to be replaced though. It might be both parts, which explains that price. I'm taking it to another mechanic tomorrow.
What do you mean, both parts? There's just one ABS control module; you just need the p/n off yours so you get the right one.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of paint did you use for that? I'm still trying to decide if I want to do that or not.

Honestly, I just used Plastidip. Everything else I used it on turned out damn good so I figured I'd give it another chance and it hasn't disappointed me yet! And it does hold up against pressure washing. Plastidip is a lot more durable than I thought it would be.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 81785Like both 1 and 2. Added up it's kinda close to the price they said.
#1 is the modulator valve, not the ABS control unit. It seems like the mechanic would state he's replacing both parts. If it was me, I'd send the ABS module in to be rebuilt and see if it fixes it. Module Master has some troubleshooting steps you can take. You can also describe your problem and ask for guidance.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my 2" drop spindles today. View attachment 81786Now what do I do with my 2" drop keys? Crank them all the way up and install these? Would that work?
It should work. The keys are 2" drop max, but I believe they can go back to near stock height. Or use the spindles and use the keys to drop another inch for 3" total.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GCL24

Latest posts