What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eohat

In Torque We Trust
Reaction score
Nice! Got everything for the swap?

I have quite a bit that needs to be purchased. I have an LQ4 engine but need to drop it off at the machine shop to be rebuilt. I'm looking into a transmission upgrade as well. I'm also waiting to see your swap finished so I can get more ideas. :thumbsup:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have quite a bit that needs to be purchased. I have an LQ4 engine but need to drop it off at the machine shop to be rebuilt. I'm looking into a transmission upgrade as well. I'm also waiting to see your swap finished so I can get more ideas. :thumbsup:
Lol, that's what I was hoping to do from you! I think @iamdub or @#1taho did the 6.0 swap. How many miles is on your 6.0? Why the rebuild?

eohat

In Torque We Trust
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a 6.0 , but my 5.3 has been maintained so well that it runs like it's fresh off the showroom. Still has tons of power.
I'll just do full intake and full exhaust and call it a day.

The 5.3L motors are awesome, perfect for boost too. Mine runs great and only has 108k miles, but suffers from serious piston slap when cold. It also has the infamous Castech heads. D’oh! So it’s a good time for a 6.0L swap since I need to replace the heads anyway.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
If I needed heavy engine work a swap would be in line.
I got a 150k on mine. Runs better than my 05 silverado 5.3 with 60k did lol.
I don't need 500hp in a suv. I'll get a bike to go fast. I'd like to break over 300 in my tahoe tho, 325 if I can squeeze it.

quest51210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced front and rear sway bar bushings and links with polyurethane parts. TRW sway bar bushings, ACDelco and Moog links.

View attachment 72376

The Moog rear link has split polyurethane bushings with a steel liner, grease fitting and a fatter shaft compared to the stock unit.

View attachment 72377
View attachment 72378
View attachment 72380
View attachment 72381
Cool beans man, I ordered OEM bushings and endlinks on Amazon. Changed my mind and wanted poly, started Amazon return process and they told me to keep them and still refunded me....So OEM it is!

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Lol, that's what I was hoping to do from you! I think @iamdub or @#1taho did the 6.0 swap. How many miles is on your 6.0? Why the rebuild?

If your doing a straight swap @eohat you don't need anything. Use every thing from your 5.3. I did and it ran great on the 5.3 tune also. But if you have a heavy foot it will lean out and pop #7 piston. (Never experienced it but read it)
I recently discover that if you want to use the exhaust off a escalade or Denali the drivers side exhaust manifold is different. Keep that in mind for future mods. I am adding the magnaflow cat back system for the escalade but need to change the front pipes. Couldn't cause of the manifold. Any help you need don't hesitate I will do my best to help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n