What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Factory jump seat. There's some scratches here and there, but it is 13 yrs old . Overall I'm very happy with it, along with the esky shifter. Guess you didn't catch that! Lol:peace:

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Wish I could figure out what to do with that rear radio controller. I'm not liking it.

Last edited:

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What method did you use for that? Did you have a painter do it? I'm in the process of having the chrome side rails of a Esky roof rack done by a painter.
I just rattle canned it. Kept the chrome just in case I wanted to undo it. 2 coats adhesion promoter, 4 coats of body, and 4 coats of clear. No sanding and clear xame out very nice.

pnwdan

Cunning linguist
Reaction score
I just rattle canned it. Kept the chrome just in case I wanted to undo it. 2 coats adhesion promoter, 4 coats of body, and 4 coats of clear. No sanding and clear xame out very nice.
It will peel eventually. Nothing sticks to chrome forever. You can order that piece in an un chromed version though and paint it.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will peel eventually. Nothing sticks to chrome forever. You can order that piece in an un chromed version though and paint it.
Yea, chrome is too smooth for any paint. I almost added a few layers of plasti dip under the body color because it seem to adhere to metals really well. We'll see how long this lasts.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a 3" body lift, Ford Keys and 3" Extended Sway Bar links off E-Bay, $389 shipped for everything.

Now to take the shocks, extenders, rear springs and spacers out of the Suburban, and have them ready for putting in my Yukon XL. Waiting not-so-patiently for the 30 day warranty to be up, don't want the dealer saying anything I did caused anything else to go wrong.

Then It's going UP! Almost 6" from the keys and BL, then almost another 2" from switching from the P265/70/16's to the 285/75/16's... then almost another inch when I eventually go 315/75/16's or 325/60/20's...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yea, chrome is too smooth for any paint. I almost added a few layers of plasti dip under the body color because it seem to adhere to metals really well. We'll see how long this lasts.
I've also thought about doing this, but I haven't yet .Has anyone tried that? If so , how we're the results .

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy has used PlastiDip on a dash he painted after he was having adhesion issues. Seems to be holding fine with 3 coats of high build primer and base clear on top of it. Turned out smooth and has been polished. Only time will tell how well it will really work.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879