What did you do to your 21+ T1XX today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDM3

Reaction score
Mine is about two weeks old now, just did ceramic tint all around. First time doing the windshield and I love it. I’ve got a gloss black grille and trim pieces for the front end on the way. Have the black emblems at home as well as the lift gate trim piece. Gotta figure out the sides now. Happy to officially be a part of the group.

Attachments

• IMG_3578.jpeg
    IMG_3578.jpeg
    652.5 KB · Views: 24

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sharp ride @BDM3.

I’m usually not a fan of red, but the sun brings out the different shades and angles. Looks good.

aggiediver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is about two weeks old now, just did ceramic tint all around. First time doing the windshield and I love it. I’ve got a gloss black grille and trim pieces for the front end on the way. Have the black emblems at home as well as the lift gate trim piece. Gotta figure out the sides now. Happy to officially be a part of the group.
What brand/product tint did you go with?

BDM3

Reaction score
Sharp ride @BDM3.

I’m usually not a fan of red, but the sun brings out the different shades and angles. Looks good.

Thank you! I’m not a fan of red either, first red vehicle I’ve owned. But I’m happy I changed it up and went with it.

BDM3

Reaction score
What brand/product tint did you go with?

I went with Xpel prime xr plus. First time going ceramic and I love it. The fronts are 15%, backs are 45%, and my windshield is 55%. The place I took it to explained how the privacy glass in the back is already basically 15% and if we did 15% back there it would look limo. He said I could make it little darker by doing 45% or match the fronts by doing 55%. I opted for the little darker since I have 3 babies back there.

Last edited:

BDM3

Reaction score
Started my black out process today. Got the front all done, lots of sweat. Probably took me 3 or 4 hours total. Here are some quick pictures, I’ll post more when it’s clean and out in the sun.

Attachments

• IMG_3644.jpeg
    IMG_3644.jpeg
    385.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3633.jpeg
    IMG_3633.jpeg
    381 KB · Views: 25

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started my black out process today. Got the front all done, lots of sweat. Probably took me 3 or 4 hours total. Here are some quick pictures, I’ll post more when it’s clean and out in the sun.
Cool))) and please tell me how you did it? :) they tell me that the grill can only be painted by removing it and immersing it in a bath of acid.

BDM3

Reaction score
Cool))) and please tell me how you did it? :) they tell me that the grill can only be painted by removing it and immersing it in a bath of acid.

I just bought an aftermarket one that was already painted gloss black and installed it. I’m mostly just buying replacement parts, I thought about wrapping a lot of the stuff but want permanent.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought an aftermarket one that was already painted gloss black and installed it. I’m mostly just buying replacement parts, I thought about wrapping a lot of the stuff but want permanent.
I understand. I'll have to take it to a workshop for painting. Because the Chrome on the Grill has already begun to swell with bubbles.

Attachments

• 2023-08-24 19-56-21.JPG
    2023-08-24 19-56-21.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 16

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
L
Looks really good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar