what cam works best with a 5.7l vortec?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99 denali man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I just joinned this site so I can get some help, I have a 99 yukon denali and Im rebuilding my motor & tranny but I want to put a cam int:adminpower:o it & I am woundering what size I should go with and what brand any Ideas?

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

And what intake manifolds work the best? I just need some help on witch way 2 go with my build thanx!

stereodesigner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping someone whos actually swapped em will chime in
im looking to doing my 96 tahoe as well

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We really can not give either of you advice until we know more about the motors/trucks you are building. Engine spec's, transmission spec's, how the vehicle's are set up and what you are looking to build.

Basically, we need more info before we can help you

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake manifold would be from a marine 350 put you got a long way to go...use the search button and GL

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bottom line (and painfully simple); These motors can't take too much of a cam, or anything for that matter, without needing some very expensive conversions. Ex: the marine intake. Ive seen guys using the LT4 (i think) hot cam, and the RV cam with decent results and not too expensive. But honestly, the stock fuel system won't take much...

misspooh

Reaction score
I can tell you this, the CAM power band should match your torque converter stall RPM depending on the purpose of your vehicle.

Me, I tow, I went with a saturday night special TCI 1800-2000 RPM stall with a set of edelbrock E-TEC 170cc heads, COMP 1.6 roller rockers, and a COMP 268XFI camshaft.

Next once you decide what your goal was like I did you'll need some fuel and a tune.

Fuel, I went with a one off set of custom injectors (46.7lbh) based off the delphi set still in testing that I purchased from Al at WYNJAMMER.com I will be giving him the dyno sheets and before and after datalogs this saturday after I leave the dyno shop. So you can check that out once he starts selling them.

Lastley a solid tune, I went initialy with PCM4less and it worked out great.

Hope this helps...

A great guy to talk to is Joe at speedunlimited in suitland, MD tell him what you want and he'll set the parts up for you at a reasonable price just call him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700