Warm/hot buttons, is it normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BealT1

Reaction score
I have an 06 tahoe LT and I noticed the buttons on the steering wheel and the ac control screen get very warm to the touch after driving for about 30 to 45 minutes. Is this normal? Is it something I should worry about? I can't find any info on any other threads

Last edited:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, the only switch I have noticed getting really warm to the touch is the headlight switch setup, especially at the interior lighting dimmer control if I remember right

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed my steering wheel button got very warm to the touch after I replaced the LED's in them. They are much brighter as well. I saw two write up's on them and both gave a Radio Shack part number that was a 6W bulb, I'm starting to think the OEM's were 4W. They were never that warm to the touch before.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My steering wheel controls can get pretty hot.
I've never worried about it though.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '04 Monte Carlo's controls would get quite warm after a long trip. I wouldn't worry about it unless it got uncomfortably hot.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006 denali xl and Both my steering controls and climate control buttons snd screen get pretty warm after long drives. Kinda worries me. Following this post now to see if anyone has input as to what causes it and if it needs to be dealt with.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard the rear defrosters on Yugos doubled as hand warmers when you had to push them

OP
OP
BealT1

BealT1

Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies everyone, I guess its a pretty normal thing so I won't worry about it