Want to paint my truck, how much should it cost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrayman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
As the title says, I want to paint her. I am not looking for looking for show car quality,but I dont want a cheap job either. My truck used to be a Texas DPS unit so it is Blk/Wht. I want to repaint the entire truck Blk. There is no body damage thankfully. Any thoughts on how much it should cost?
Thanks.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Average around $5000 if they need to do the door/trunk jams as well...

yukondenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea definite a few grand. I think you may want to get it wetsand and buffed as well for the showroom look after paint. Gl with that.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup as stated ive got quoted anything from 4k too 8k

OP
OP
X

xrayman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank for the replys, i am going to have to think about this one. I got the truck for 8k @ auction, and now the thought of a min of 5k for a paint job. So we will see.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed with above stated. I encountered this same thing when painting my '77. Not wanting to pay the $8k quoted to me I learned to do the body work myself. It was a great experience and I loved it!! AND it cut down the cost by a significant amount!! I'd encourage you to do the body work and prep on your own then if you want to have a shop spray it then do that. It'll cut down your costs considerably.

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you go. To do it properly you want the shop to pull quarter glasses, door handles, belt mouldings, lights rear hatch/barn doors, running boards, mirrors, windsheild. when you tape things off, this is from personal experiance it starts to peel I was trying to save some money and do it myself, i had access to paint and a paint booth but i left my belt mouldings on and door handles on and it started to peel around the handles and belt mouldings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb