Want to go Blackbear!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually, the guys were just looking into that, as they have quite a few requests. Possibly in MAY. If you haven't already emailed them to get on the list, please do. They email all the interested parties once meet dates are figured out. [email protected]

OP
OP
TAHOEBLACKONBLACK
Reaction score
Ths
Agree with the 2 comments above. They scared you into believing that a servo would wreck your tranny. They're right about them not wanting to mess with it. They make their money on rebuilds not parts installation. GM engineered the stock servo to accommodate all types of consumer drivers. They kept the shift points relaxed and under performed to make it feel like there isn't a shift at all. It's been said by GM mechanics that adding a performance servo actually saves the tranny due to it holding shifts longer and reducing slippage. Think you've been talked out of a good mod that makes driving a recliner with wheels more fun. Let me know if you change your mind.
I appreciate y'all for your input. Now y'all got me wanting to put it on lol. If I get the tune first, can I put it on later without messing with the tune?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just let the guys know you are wanting to install. If you plan on installing soon, they will set up the pressures for it. Otherwise, you can update your tune down the road.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CAI is pretty inexpensive considering other engine mods. I'd recommend buy it and the K&N or like filter- throw it on a credit card if needed.

Then setup your BB tune. Their cs is amazing and they will always help you out if there ever an issue.

I just wouldn't overthink it/ everyone here has given the thumbs up and I'm included. I was very picky and researched the shit out of doing it. At the end of the day it is to date the best bang for the buck I've done to my ride!

Ya, BB can update your tune after you install.

OP
OP
TAHOEBLACKONBLACK
Reaction score
Got my BB tune today and I'm a happy camper. The BB guys are awesome. They are very knowledgable and experts when it comes to tuning. Jarrad pushed out the imperfections as far as engine firing and transmission shifting. Disabled the AFM and removed the speed governor. They also calibrated the speedometer because it was off from upgrading my wheels and tires to a bigger size. As far as performance, you notice a difference when the pedal is to the metal. Overall, I'm satisfied and recommend everyone to do a tune.

redeknightjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my BB tune today and I'm a happy camper. The BB guys are awesome. They are very knowledgable and experts when it comes to tuning. Jarrad pushed out the imperfections as far as engine firing and transmission shifting. Disabled the AFM and removed the speed governor. They also calibrated the speedometer because it was off from upgrading my wheels and tires to a bigger size. As far as performance, you notice a difference when the pedal is to the metal. Overall, I'm satisfied and recommend everyone to do a tune.
Congrats brother, I get mine monday in Chicago! Is it like night and day, as some say?

1SG Retired

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fafafyfy