Want to go Blackbear!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word of wisdom - before you drop $500-$600 for your tune, make sure you do the mods you have planned prior to. Res delete does nothing but change the sound. CAI is only really effective with a decent exhaust system. Long tube headers/dual exhaust will net you a decent gain. Most high rev gains mind you. Try a vette servo for a cheap 5 whp gain. Bought mine for $11. Tranny shop can do an install if you're not mechanically inclined for $150.

Depends on the type of tune you buy also. I bought the Autocal which comes with lifetime tunes and all it takes is to drive a bit and data log, then email the files to BB and they email me a new tune. Also, just their tune alone made a huge difference in mine.

MooseKuckle

Reaction score
Depends on the type of tune you buy also. I bought the Autocal which comes with lifetime tunes and all it takes is to drive a bit and data log, then email the files to BB and they email me a new tune. Also, just their tune alone made a huge difference in mine.
Agree on buying Autocal. I had mine done by a performance shop on a dyno. Was fun to watch and they are willing to tune me once more for $150. Nice to have Autocal cause your never done with modding are you?

OP
OP
TAHOEBLACKONBLACK
Reaction score
Word of wisdom - before you drop $500-$600 for your tune, make sure you do the mods you have planned prior to. Res delete does nothing but change the sound. CAI is only really effective with a decent exhaust system. Long tube headers/dual exhaust will net you a decent gain. Most high rev gains mind you. Try a vette servo for a cheap 5 whp gain. Bought mine for $11. Tranny shop can do an install if you're not mechanically inclined for $150.
I have an 07 Tahoe 4X4. Will the same servo be used because I don't think my trans is the 4L60?

OP
OP
TAHOEBLACKONBLACK
Reaction score
I though knew 100% which trans I had and now I don't know. My Tahoe is an 07 and it can be in 4X4, or 2WD at demand. I guess that would be 4X2? Anyways, does anyone know which trans I have: 4L60, 4L60E, etc. Please don't assume because there are like 3 options for this year and I'm trying the get the correct servo. Thanks

MooseKuckle

Reaction score
I though knew 100% which trans I had and now I don't know. My Tahoe is an 07 and it can be in 4X4, or 2WD at demand. I guess that would be 4X2? Anyways, does anyone know which trans I have: 4L60, 4L60E, etc. Please don't assume because there are like 3 options for this year and I'm trying the get the correct servo. Thanks
3 Engines available for the 2007 Tahoe which are LY2, LY5 and LMG. Since LY2's are for the 4.8L 2wd, you have one of the other options. Regardless, the only tranny std for 2007 in the 4L60-E and the only difference is the final drive ratio is different between the 4.8 and 5.3.
Vette servo will fit your tranny unless it was a special request done at time of purchase which then you would have to look at the tranny ID. Thats located at the rear by the pan. If the 4th character is a "D" then you have a 4L60-E. Good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo