vLED fogs, reverse lights and license plate lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixpointoh03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would the 5k led fog lights match good witht the factory HID headlights in the denali?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would the 5k led fog lights match good witht the factory HID headlights in the denali?

Stock should be 4300k which is what I have; so, the match should be about the same as you see in my pictures. Which I think is pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sixpointoh03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock should be 4300k which is what I have; so, the match should be about the same as you see in my pictures. Which I think is pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet I think I'm going to have to order me some

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Fogs and plates are on their way! Looking fwd to installing them.

Anyone know if the regular (non HID) headlight bulb could be replaced with an LED? The reason I think that one is different is because it doubles as the DRL on the LS and LT models of the Tahoe (same bulb, but glows more dimly as a DRL). Would love to replace that bulb so that it's a brighter DRL and a purer white that matches the LEDs and the incoming VLED fogs.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fogs and plates are on their way! Looking fwd to installing them.

Anyone know if the regular (non HID) headlight bulb could be replaced with an LED? The reason I think that one is different is because it doubles as the DRL on the LS and LT models of the Tahoe (same bulb, but glows more dimly as a DRL). Would love to replace that bulb so that it's a brighter DRL and a purer white that matches the LEDs and the incoming VLED fogs.

Generally the replacement LEDs do not have enough light output to replace a bulb you actually need to see with (high or low beam).

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Generally the replacement LEDs do not have enough light output to replace a bulb you actually need to see with (high or low beam).

Bummer, but not surprising. Thanks for the helpful post.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!

I installed some Sylvania 194 LEDs in my license plate lights.

If Sylvania would finally come out with some 912/921s I would love to have a set for my backup lights.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vLEDs are very high quality and much brighter than the Philips LEDs I tried. Probably brighter than the Sylvania too.

You should give them a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255