Upgraded to Bose, hookup factory amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRickman85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just replaced all the factory speakers in my 01 Hoe with a Bose set I found at the JY. My truck has the factory amp behind the glove box, but I'mnot sure about how to wire it to these new speakers. They already sound 100% better, but I know they are meant to be run with an amp, an obviously would sound much better if I did so. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I have an aftermarket head unit. Thanks

OP
OP
CRickman85

CRickman85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nah, it sounds 100% better because they aren't busted. All of my original factory speakers were shredded.

magicbus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bose amp doesn't really push much power and neither does the factory amp in a 00-02 fullsize. The ***** Bose paper speakers are still in mine because I've been too lazy to install good or even moderately decent speakers. They sound just as crappy on a good amp as they do on the factory amp only they won't allow me to bring my mids/highs to a decent level because they are nothing more thana factory paper speaker with "Bose" stenciled on the back. My amp is at its lowest possible boost and still makes too much power for them.

In other words, you are probably good where you have it, I wouldn't waste any more time with it. Aftermarket headunit power is more than enough for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadnerAutomotive