Android screen / Bose amp delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sandaman

Reaction score
I would like to change and add an after market android head unit. How do i retain the factory chimes and also get rid of the bose amp. 2006 Tahoe. Can anyone help out please. I live in a country where none of the head unit installers have any info. They just want to cut everything up and try.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sandaman

Sandaman

Reaction score
Check out Crutchfield

I'd normally search through the forums and give you some suggestions, but I'm booked, today, sorry.
Im not in a hurry. I looked through some stuff but im still confused as people have mixed opinions on things. It would have been great if someone with similar experience helped me out. Also I live outside USA so I cant buy from there.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to change and add an after market android head unit. How do i retain the factory chimes and also get rid of the bose amp. 2006 Tahoe. Can anyone help out please. I live in a country where none of the head unit installers have any info. They just want to cut everything up and try.
you just need a adapter for the chimes and to bypass the bose, steering wheel control module, headunit.
it can all plug in, no need to cut anything, but you will need to patch a wire or two.
the adapter module comes with a harness and you connect that to the headunit harness. both will have a diagram showing wire color for power/speaker channel etc, then you just connect them to each other. then plug it in.
you can do it all yourself-easy

OP
OP
Sandaman

Sandaman

Reaction score
you just need a adapter for the chimes and to bypass the bose, steering wheel control module, headunit.
it can all plug in, no need to cut anything, but you will need to patch a wire or two.
the adapter module comes with a harness and you connect that to the headunit harness. both will have a diagram showing wire color for power/speaker channel etc, then you just connect them to each other. then plug it in.
you can do it all yourself-easy
Do you know any brands or any models I can buy. My radio has 2 connectors in the back plus the antenna and also has the rear dvd player. Do head units come with built in amp? Sorry for all the questions. I heard there is a connector hidden in the back of the head unit that is used to bypass the amp. I dont know if I might loose the chimes or not.

Anyway nothing works as there is no audio from the radio, even though i replaced amp and radio. Worked for a while then sub stopped working, then completely stopped working (after i left the battery off for a bit). all i hear is low static once instead of chimes when i open the door.

Also recently the driver door controls stopped working for a while then worked when I turned off and on again. Now recently started getting service airbag light. I just bought it recently and already spent too much in repairs (brake booster, used transfer-case, 1 ball joint plus a lower arm, rod ends and the joints and some bushes). Service 4WD showing up now and then when hot i think as it goes away after ive switched off the vehicle for a bit. Think i got scammed.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know any brands or any models I can buy. My radio has 2 connectors in the back plus the antenna and also has the rear dvd player. Do head units come with built in amp? Sorry for all the questions. I heard there is a connector hidden in the back of the head unit that is used to bypass the amp. I dont know if I might loose the chimes or not.

Anyway nothing works as there is no audio from the radio, even though i replaced amp and radio. Worked for a while then sub stopped working, then completely stopped working (after i left the battery off for a bit). all i hear is low static once instead of chimes when i open the door.

Also recently the driver door controls stopped working for a while then worked when I turned off and on again. Now recently started getting service airbag light. I just bought it recently and already spent too much in repairs (brake booster, used transfer-case, 1 ball joint plus a lower arm, rod ends and the joints and some bushes). Think i got scammed.
well take a look here, there are several options, don't fret on listed price because once you find the one you want you can find it online cheaper

I'm going to guess you could use OS-2X and SWI-CP2
you will see those on that above link, next to those part's is a link for the installation (read that document) to be sure that is the adapter you want.
reason being is if the bose amp is bad then you will want the option to just use the headunit power output
and yes most headunits have some reasonable output 50w a channel is pretty typical.
you will need a steering wheel control adapter, some of there other kits include one but maybe the kit you need
don't worry about onstar it doesn't do anything anymore so you can bypass it.

OP
OP
Sandaman

Sandaman

Reaction score
well take a look here, there are several options, don't fret on listed price because once you find the one you want you can find it online cheaper

I'm going to guess you could use OS-2X and SWI-CP2
you will see those on that above link, next to those part's is a link for the installation (read that document) to be sure that is the adapter you want.
reason being is if the bose amp is bad then you will want the option to just use the headunit power output
and yes most headunits have some reasonable output 50w a channel is pretty typical.
you will need a steering wheel control adapter, some of there other kits include one but maybe the kit you need
don't worry about onstar it doesn't do anything anymore so you can bypass it.
My vehicle does not have onstar as it is GCC spec. I saw lots of people using RP5-GM11. should I go for this one? seems it has all the feature.

Sorry to ask again but do u have any advice on the other issues?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My vehicle does not have onstar as it is GCC spec. I saw lots of people using RP5-GM11. should I go for this one? seems it has all the feature.

Sorry to ask again but do u have any advice on the other issues?
the rp5 is fine if you know the bose amp is good and you are going to retain it. that module's instruction manual does not show any option for bypassing the bose amp, doesn't mean it can't be done but it's not showing the option.
drivers door switch could be going out, it's getting old....but check your grounds thats always the best place to start for electrical problems
airbag error is almost always the front impact sensor/s or passenger seat presence sensor, reading the code with a scanner that can read abs is your best way to get to the source of the problem.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not in a hurry. I looked through some stuff but im still confused as people have mixed opinions on things. It would have been great if someone with similar experience helped me out. Also I live outside USA so I cant buy from there.
I am sorry, I just suggested Crutchfield so you could get a look at what is out there. Amazon may have some of that stuff as well. Regardless, good luck to you. I do not have the experience you seek, I am sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019