update factory GPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i have my 2009 Denali original disc in my basement i have install late version by the time the truck burn.

:cool:

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 Yukon has the factory GPS. I feel like it probably needs updated but not sure how to do it. How do I find out what version I currently have. Thanks
Check if my DVD work for you will send to you I do not needed anymore.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is an update to the HD nav, depending on when you bought yours. There's a 2014 update.

NKemp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just updated to the disc recommended by GM and now the GPS doesn't work :Frustrated:

I went from 3.1 to 8.0 which supposedly is the latest. You cannot backtrack to 3.1 by reinstalling the old disc. I have a question into Navigation.com ... we'll see if they reply. They take a long time to reply.

This post is a heads up in the event that you update and it does not seem to go well. I'd blame user error but best I can tell you remove the old disc, and insert the new and wait for it to update.

UPDATE: I took the vehicle for a second drive and it appears the GPS is now working. Did not work on the first drive. But I still have a GPS icon with a red slash through it and it is not a button.

UPDATE: It seems that after I drive a while, the no GPS symbol goes away. But after stopping it comes back for a while. Will be interesting to see if it goes away forever after it "learns" what ever it needs to learn.

Last edited:

LTZTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Crap!!!

They're $200 from GM. Garmin updates are free, over the internet!! Get with it, GM!!

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8 is the latest version. I just got it recently myself for my 07 Tahoe. It seems there are glitches with 8 though. Since updating my rear camera stopped working and so did XM. After the system times out on cut off and you start it back up it works again. Very weird. I'm hoping it doesn't keep doing it periodically or anything cause it is annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy