2002 LT Music Daily - One Story Ends and Another Begins...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Imo street trucks ,delete the rack. off-road style like yours ,keep the rack or even go z71 rack. Blacked out esky rack would look good too.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Took off my roof rack this past weekend.

I'd been putting it off for awhile, but with an impact gun the entire job took literally less than 5 minutes to do.

View attachment 185809

My jury is still out in regards to whether or not I like it.

I'm hoping to find some backdrop to do a photoshop with the vehicle now that it's come along quite a way.

Not really sure what else I could do other than swapping tires/rims and lifting it.

I've been looking at HD2500 hood conversions or hood cowls, but they're all like $300+ regardless of if it's craigslist or a scrapyard
It's looking better and better. I took my rack off too.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read thru the thread again. Lots of good work since you started. So much audio talent. I like the rack on, but then I liked the color matched door handles too. But best is removing that bug guard. Get that tune!! That will make it even more fun to drive.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's looking better and better. I took my rack off too.

Imo street trucks ,delete the rack. off-road style like yours ,keep the rack or even go z71 rack. Blacked out esky rack would look good too.

That's kind of the feeling I'm getting. Lowered, HD hood swapped, no rack vehicles look great.

I think with my brush guard though, I fall more into the off-road-y category. I was looking at something like this:

87b7b8412ac7da6ef02633158176fed7.jpg

Even though I don't have a use for lights or a rack like that, it definitely seems to fit the kind of aesthetic that my vehicle falls into

I'm also looking into switching my 18s that I think are 275/70/r18 for something like a 285/85/r16 if it'll fit without rubbing, or with minor modifications.

I love the look of those beefy tires.

Just read thru the thread again. Lots of good work since you started. So much audio talent. I like the rack on, but then I liked the color matched door handles too. But best is removing that bug guard. Get that tune!! That will make it even more fun to drive.

Heh the brush guard is probably the only part of the vehicle that 100% will never change.

Driving around in Michigan I love the deer protection, and it also doubles as a buffer for stupid drivers in the city.

Still trying to decide if it's worth getting a tune. I wish I knew someone personally with one so I could see if it's worth the $500 investment. That'd be almost 15% of the cost of the entire vehicle!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just need to pull off those terrible badges, moldings, and running boards ;)
I would but the gf wants the boards and there was prior paint work and the mouldings and badges were taped around instead of being yanked, so there's a paint edge there. So I just plastidipped all of it and called it a day.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And this is why my brush guard will never be removed :)

Rear ended a Mazda 3 today while doing 75 MPH, as a result of a semi-truck swerving into his lane, and then him swerving into my lane.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
And this is why my brush guard will never be removed :)

Rear ended a Mazda 3 today while doing 75 MPH, as a result of a semi-truck swerving into his lane, and then him swerving into my lane.

Damage to his vehicle:

View attachment 187171

Damage to mine:

View attachment 187172

a $24 junk yard bumper and some plasti-dip should have my baby fixed up as good as new.
That sux! Glad no one was hurt, or even killed.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn!! Tha fully cosmetic. That could have gotten sideways easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157