Turn off horn when key leaves the car??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nammysu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey...

I searched everywhere and couldn't find an answer or solution.

In my 2015 Yukon Denali, if I have my key in my pocket and leave the car running and step away, it'll honk the horn. I understand why, but can I turn it off?

Often times I pick up my kid from daycare, and I need to step out to open the door and load her in. But everytime I do that, the horn honks and everyone just looks at me like a weirdo. I try to remember to keep the key in the cup holder or something, but there's gotta be a way to just turn it off.

Anyone??

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey...

I searched everywhere and couldn't find an answer or solution.

In my 2015 Yukon Denali, if I have my key in my pocket and leave the car running and step away, it'll honk the horn. I understand why, but can I turn it off?

Often times I pick up my kid from daycare, and I need to step out to open the door and load her in. But everytime I do that, the horn honks and everyone just looks at me like a weirdo. I try to remember to keep the key in the cup holder or something, but there's gotta be a way to just turn it off.

Anyone??
It's an option in your settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

nammysu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found a few of the settings for things like beep when lock, etc. Nothing for this... Anyone know what the setting is labeled as?

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an option in your settings.

My 17 Ford Fusion Hybrid does the same thing and cannot be turned off. It is designed to warn you that the car is still running and that you have taken the key out of the car. I suspect it is some sort of Federal safety requirement for cars with proximity keys that start the car.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no default option to turn this off is available.
been covered in a few diff threads

maybe GTPprix could do something custom...

OP
OP
N

nammysu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Perhaps there's a fuse we can remove that controls just this.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am assuming that it is controlled within BCM
maybe someone can confirm...

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this only a 2015 setting? On my 2016 XL Denali I can leave the engine running, exit the car (with the key in pocket), and I do not get honked at. I do this weekly at the post office, and if my car honked the way the OP is describing I'd be looking to turn it off as well.

Pohlease

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I this this in my 2015 and can't turn it off. Looked at all the settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9