No Horn When Locking Truck/DIC Controls Have no effect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srsmedley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Yukon XL SLE (basic), 147k currently. Since I bought the truck used about a year ago, the horn has never sounded when locking the vehicle. I know you can control that with the DIC, but my mine don't have any effects on the settings. When I unlock the lights come on, and when I lock they don't flash (and the horn is silent). None of that changes no matter what I select on the DIC. And yes, the horn works when pressed. The alarm works also, I can set it with the window down and reach in and open the door and it warns and then sounds as expected. This is a strange gremlin, and I was thinking grounds and have cleaned and greased several so far. Any thoughts are appreciated. Great truck otherwise.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 07 Yukon XL Denali does not honk the horn when I lock the doors with my FOB.

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen and found the rear hatch window unlocked but not open and no dash indication to show it was open. Opened and closed it several times and it has worked since. Good luck these things drive you crazy.

OP
OP
srsmedley

srsmedley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this happen and found the rear hatch window unlocked but not open and no dash indication to show it was open. Opened and closed it several times and it has worked since. Good luck these things drive you crazy.
thanks for that, that makes sense. the rear glass on mine is weird too, I'm noticing that the interior lights don't always go off and it seemed to be related to the rear glass, but like you said I also get no warnings of it being ajar. think I'm headed ninth right direction.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Ah, the rear interior light issue. Now I know what to do when they mysteriously won’t shut off on my 09.

Good info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10